jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Do you prefer using the classic hopper to hop through hubs or the new hopper?

1. Chris Achilleos profile image80
    Chris Achilleosposted 4 years ago

Do you prefer using the classic hopper to hop through hubs or the new hopper?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I prefer the classic Hopper. I can't make heads or tails out of the new one.

Chris Achilleosposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I prefer the classic Hopper as well. Thanks for your answer!

3. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

I definitely prefer the classic hopper.  I like to leave comments so the writer knows I've been there and what I think of their hub.  The new hopper doesn't let you do that.

I prefer the classic hopper for the same reason as well smile I am so glad HP gives us the opportunity to chose which one to use. Thanks for answering Mary.

2. tillsontitan profile image90
      tillsontitanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree Chris, I too am glad of the choice.

4. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Classic hopper for me. The new hopper feels like work, while the classic is more...like I'm hopping hubs out of choice. HP may well find the new hopper more beneficial, but if it was the only option, I wouldn't do it at all.

I only use the classic hopper, I don't really like the new one. Luckily HP gives us the choice to chose which one to use smile

5. tirelesstraveler profile image83
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Old Hopper.   Was hopping last week.  One hub was all pictures of women in provocative garb and zero script. The old flag button immediately says."We are on it".  Using the new hopper when you hit the flag button it says, "You haven't rated the hub". Until you rate the hub you don't successfully flag it and get the, "We are right on it". I was very temped to just let it go.

I prefer using the old hopper as well, it is much better than the new one. Many thanks for your answer!

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I use the classic hopper. I can't stand the new version. It just seems to take to much time and asks us to make too many judgments.

Me too smile Plus you can leave comments with the classic hopper. Thanks for answering!

7. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

yeah me too. I vote for classic hopper where i can leave my comments and vote.

So true! Whats the point if you can't leave your comments, right? Thanks for answering peachpurple!

8. Jared Miles profile image91
    Jared Milesposted 4 years ago

I hate to disagree with everyone, but I only joined recently. While I have tried both Hoppers, I prefer the newer one, which is probably because I essentially started with it.

tirelesstraveler, you make a good point, and that would probably be the only reason I would retire to the old version. In saying that, I feel the newer version, even with the absence of comments, makes it easier to deal with larger amounts of content effectively and equally.

Thanks for being honest Jared. To be honest I personally don't like the new one. I am really use to using the classic hopper, as I love leaving comments on a hub I like.
      Your answer is truly appreciated!

9. gags3480 profile image80
    gags3480posted 4 years ago

I always prefer the New Hub Hopper as there I am able to give separate rating to each field as per the quality of that hub.

working