jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is there a way to block another hubber?

1. Abby Campbell profile image93
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

Is there a way to block another hubber?

Is there a way to block another hubber from commenting to Questions or giving the thumbs up/down in hubs in personal hubs? Also, do the thumbs up/down affect the hub score?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

I do not think there is a way to block someone from commenting to questions or giving the thumbs up/down in hubs. I do not know what affects a Hub Score, I have gone from a low of 79 to 100 but average in the 90s most of the time. I cannot find any sort of logic to that issue.

In regards to blocking some hubbers, if they are abusive, will not stay on point, etc, you can file a protest with the Hub editors. The best thing is to just ignore them.

Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment, Larry. I don't understand the logic of the hub scores either. I go between 86 to 92, but 89 is my usual score. I always find one hubber taking my words out of context and blows it up into a big negative thing. Irritating!

3. Ceres Schwarz profile image30
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

I don't think there's any way to block another hubber from commenting or answering questions. But if it's your hub, you can deny any comments you don't like and if it's your question, you can delete any answer you don't like.

As for the scores of hubs, many factors affect this such as the length of your hub and your overall hubber score. To find out more about this, you can check the learning center guide on hubber scores. Here's the link: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score .

Thanks, Ceres. I have my own hubs set to accept/deny. I was just wondering if there are ways to control abuse of others with Questions and thumbs. I find it strange that some hubs have little substance yet score higher than me.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

No, unfortunately this is no way of blocking anyone on HP. I know your frustration, it seems as though some people just want to follow you and criticize and push your buttons constantly. At first this really bothered me, then I chose to be the bigger person and just stay away from them.

Here is a quote I find fitting "Never sink to the level of stupidity, you will be beaten by experience every time."  smile

And, yes the thumbs up or down affect the score of the hub. But, the overall views are the most important factor.

Thanks for your comment, Jeff. I just noticed this here. I apologize. I've been on HP for 5 months now, and it's been great for the most part. Just recently I came across some very negative stuff. I will stay away as well. wink

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Abby!

working