jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is the comment button supposed to work in ACCOUNT -> Q&A -> ANSWERS?

1. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

Is the comment button supposed to work in ACCOUNT -> Q&A -> ANSWERS?

I find that it would be convenient to answer questions in this section using the COMMENT button. It's even highlighted like it's useful link like in other sections of ACCOUNT. However, mine does not work. Is it supposed to?

2. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

I just checked it under my ACCOUNT -> Q&A -> ANSWERS.  Sure enough the comment link has no effect. Since those are your own answers you left to other questions, why would you want to comment on your own answers anyway?  I would assume this is why the comment link does not work there. But it does work fine when you are in the q&a of other people's questions. I guess it is an oversight with the programming and really should be removed on the page you are referring to.

3. Savio Dawson profile image85
    Savio Dawsonposted 4 years ago

Yes, for some reason it is not working. It would be really useful if it was working, since you do not have to open each question and then answer separately.

@Glenn Stok - The point is not answering our own comment, but responding to a comment made on our comment.... I, incidentally, tried to comment from there when I found the inactive link...

1. Glenn Stok profile image100
      Glenn Stokposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Savio - good point!

2. Abby Campbell profile image94
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it would be very convenient if it worked. Too bad it still doesn't. sad

4. Dr. Haddox profile image81
    Dr. Haddoxposted 4 years ago

Abby, I am happy that you asked this question. You have received two answers, already that adequately address this question. It was a good question, by the way. We are learning new things all the time, so there are only good questions, no bad ones. "The only bad question is the question that is not asked, when we need to have an answer.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

1. Abby Campbell profile image94
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Dr. Haddox. I appreciate your response. :-)

working