jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Are the new hub mechanics pissing anyone else off?

1. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Are the new hub mechanics pissing anyone else off?

It is just taking more time to publish than to write. Maybe I do not like change, true. But this new thing is making it to where I have to write which is what I do, but now I have to get lectured and told what to do and it is making my writing, take a hit.

2. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 4 years ago

Eric, I agree the new thing is a little too brutal for beginners and even us old dudes too.Self esteem is important to most writers and when you get labeled seemingly as lacking to such a degree, then many may well fall along the wayside and some potentially very good writers may become way too discouraged. Thanks for the question and you have my support. whonu

3. christopheranton profile image75
    christopherantonposted 4 years ago

I agree Eric. I have had hubs that were coasting along ok and then, when they had a slow week, they were "unfeatured". They get taken off the search engine results and they might as well be killed. I used to edit them, to make them acceptable again but I got fed up doing it. I just let them go now.

4. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 4 years ago

There's a tradeoff as in most things. HP's intentions are good, but I know what you mean. My recent question about why we have to manage the affiliate ads in our hubs is along this line, too. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that there are more lucrative ways to utilize my writing skills than writing hubs, and the hoops we have to jump through are part of that.

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well 5 days ago the tutorials in creating a new hub were in your face for good. But on this last one, yesterday, there was on "off" switch. It still auto creates capsules but better.

5. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

I haven't written many hubs, but I didn't like that popping up on a hub that I wrote 3 months ago.

6. freemaccleaner profile image60
    freemaccleanerposted 4 years ago

New in here, and it's kind of easy for newbies

7. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

It's getting tiresome. I went from having a stable score of 96 for several months to 90 in a split second.

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry friend -- I have been suspended, but the program allows me to slip through.

working