jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Is HubLove a Good Thing?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image87
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

Is HubLove a Good Thing?

Hublove seems to be Hubbers visiting other pages creating a circle of comments and visits.  Is that a good thing for advertisers or the creation of quality content?

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

What are you really asking Mark Ewbie?
    Oh... I guess you spelled it out. Never mind.

Mark Ewbieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I thought I made it fairly clear!

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You did... I was just hoping...

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

Mmmmmm..it could be both or either one of the two you mentioned or something completely different?

Yah - good point.  Question could have been much clearer.  Ah well.

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 4 years agoin reply to this

It was clear enough. Im just a bad person.

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

If you mean informal link exchanges created among Internet friends, I think those do little good to anyone...unless they are sharing your stickmen cartoons.

Lol - good point!

5. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Hublove should have substance and not resemble a cliquefest involving links and accolades about the person. I posted a question earlier asking hubbers to talk about what makes someone's work valuable and worthy of mention. I think that's a more substantive way of spreading hublove.

I agree.  "Voted up and shared" is largely meaningless.  Something that explains why you genuinely feel the need to comment rather more useful. After all the poor author has to respond to these.

6. To Start Again profile image78
    To Start Againposted 4 years ago

Oh the hublove...ugh....
    Sorry, but you opened up a can of worms with this one for me! lol I see 'hublove' around here all the time and sometimes, it's great-when the comments are genuine and not full of crap. When a hubber sees a 'friend' comment on an article and then goes to it to also comment, they are getting views and more potential visitors to the hub, which is always a good thing. However, it drives me absolutely crazy when I see these 'friends' comment some pointless -way to go! You're so wonderful! Voted up!- crap that isn't always accurate anyhow. Stop high-fiving hubbers for badly written work, people! You aren't helping anyone that way! I think this kind of 'love' only lessens the amount of quality content on the site because it falsly makes the bots see a piece as quality when it isn't and work that should be voted up and commented on goes by the wayside. Ugh! Ok, deep breath, rant over...

To answer the question: HubLove is only a good thing when used responsibly. Which it usually isn't...

Excellent.  I'm glad it's not just me thinks that way.  I have seen very average work with huge numbers of comments, votes, etc.  Makes the whole thing pointless.

7. Nigham AFZAL profile image74
    Nigham AFZALposted 4 years ago

I am a new comer...don't know so much about hubbing...but the thing I liked here is no matter the world listens to you or not... just come here and start writing...(Its another matter that it gets publish or not...) smile big_smile

working