jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why were three of my hubs ratings changed from featured to Not Featured - Engage

1. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

Why were three of my hubs ratings changed from featured to Not Featured - Engagement?

Three of my hubs previously featured are now Not Featured - Engagement. The three hubs, namely, 1) How to keep love in the marriage in the long haul, 2) How to raise an optimistic baby and 3) Who's the boss -- my dog or me; are completely original and exclusively for Hub Pages. I googled the titles and there were many similar titles but with different content. The hubs rate higher than some of my other hubs. Why?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

In HubPage language "engagement" = traffic. So in other words, those hubs were not picking up much traffic so they were unfeatured.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

This means they are not receiving much traffic and need to be edited to bring them up to Hubpages and Google's standards. Do not feel bad, this is happening to all of us.

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jeff. I feel better now:)
      Lisa

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome Lisa. smile

4. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

Thank you, but these three hubs were generating more visits than my other hubs. Should I take them off and put them elsewhere? What would you advise?

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would try editing them, or polish them up, as hubpages would say. If not featured after twice of editing I just take them down.

5. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

Not Featured - Engagement means those Hubs were not getting enough traffic. 

If you're the kind of Hubber who doesn't get much traffic from outside Hubpages, this will be a problem for all your Hubs eventually - but at the same time, it won't really matter.  "Not Featured" just means that people outside HubPages can't find your Hubs by searching on Google (or Bing or Yahoo) - but other Hubbers can still read it, and so can anyone you send the link to.  And if a Hub is "not Featured", it wasn't getting any traffic from search engines anyway, so you're not really any worse off.

Go and edit your profile and look for the section that asks whether you want to show only Featured Hubs on your profile.  Click no, and save your changes.  Then all your Hubs will show on your profile, even not Featured ones.

working