jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Traffic is almost nil to one of my hub.

1. rumanasaiyed profile image79
    rumanasaiyedposted 4 years ago

Traffic is almost nil to one of my hub.

I used to get around 250 views to one of my hub. But now it has reduce to 18 views from last two days.
    What could be the reason for this?

2. chasmac profile image96
    chasmacposted 4 years ago

It could be that your hub has been copied and Google is promoting the copied version over yours. It happened to me once. A hub of mine that had been doing well suddenly died overnight. It no longer appeared in search results for any keyword but was consigned to the 'omitted results' section of the search results, which nobody ever looks at. I found it had been copied, and that the copied version featured prominently in the search results. I took steps to have the copied version removed, and my traffic returned.

Google is supposed to penalise the copied version, not the original, but they got it wrong that time.

1. That Grrl profile image63
      That Grrlposted 4 years agoin reply to this

HubPages leaves it up to us to protect our content but does not give us tools or options to do much. I've been moving my content onto my own sites where I can protect it and still have some income for my work.

2. rumanasaiyed profile image79
      rumanasaiyedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I will surely check mine........

3. cynthtggt profile image78
    cynthtggtposted 4 years ago

I constantly see my profile page frozen, even though I had views showing in my account.  I also noticed that my "featured" articles can be found in a Yahoo search but not a Google one, so I am not getting circulated on Google.  When I share my new hubs on Facebook, I notice my FB page freezing for hours.  I make a record of what posts are above me and below me and go back to look when the pages are moving again, only to discover my shared hub was deleted, and I know it was deleted since the posts above and below me are THERE.  I feel someone or something does not want me to get my hubs read.  That's what it feels like.  Why are my posts deleted?  Even if I am hated because of my more conservative views in life, which one would think would be the reason, if I write a poem above love, what difference does it make?  I find the whole thing frightening, to say the least, because it feels like animosity against me personally.

1. rumanasaiyed profile image79
      rumanasaiyedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing your experience....

4. That Grrl profile image63
    That Grrlposted 4 years ago

There are a lot of reasons for a drop in traffic. Traffic changes on weekends. Traffic has ups and downs in the beginning, middle and end of a month. As the weather changes for summer more people are outdoors, not online. Google may be making changes again. Your post had it's week in the sun now it is old news...... Do your own research and find an answer that works for you. Or, don't spend time on measuring traffic and do something proactive to get traffic instead.

working