jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Why do capsules float around when you're trying to write?

1. profile image0
    cathinfranceposted 7 years ago

OK, that's the question. I select "Edit" and try to load a photo. Or I select "Edit" and try to write some text. As I move the cursor, the capsule floats off to the left or away to the bottom of the page and it almost gets lost. Pulling it back up into view is almost impossible. When it is in view, positioning the cursor is often virtually impossible. The capsule floats away and I can't enter text. Any ideas why this happens or how to stop it? I've managed to write a few pages but I would have written fifty times more if it weren't so hard to enter text!

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you open just one capsule at a time and allow it to stay centered you shouldn't have any problems, when more then one capsule is open then they tend to float. On occassion I have had the same issue so only one capsule at a time should do it. smile

1. profile image0
        cathinfranceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks everyone - I'll try the various things you suggest.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

WOW,and i thought it was this damn Tequila that made them float_-_-_-....><><>lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

have you tried writing your hub text first in a word document?
    I find this much easier and then you copy/paste the document into your texts.

I used to have the problems you describe at times, but not any longer since I switched to copy/paste.

also, maybe you have too many programs open in your browser? hmm
    if you close programs while you're writing, it may help.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image77
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree.  Copy/paste is the answer.  Too much chance of losing your writing by doing it directly in the text capsule.

3. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

oops, forgot to say, copy and paste into the text capsules.

4. profile image0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

just click on it somewhere and it should stop following you around smile Happens to me all the time

working