New - looking for friendly hubbers?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Runway profile image59
    Runwayposted 14 years ago

Hi!

I am new to hubpages but love fashion, travel, kids and weight loss.  I love reading about everything - new thoughts, new ideas, cool things to do in your city, fun books to read.  I thought I would just reach out to anyone who might have more experience and want to be mutual fans?  I'd love to see what your hubs are about?

Runway

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey! If there's one thing I've learnt is don't ask for fans, people will be put off rather than enticed! However, I'd love to take a look at your hubs, and if you'd like to see mine you're very welcome big_smile

1. profile image0
        L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aye, I agree with Dog. It's about quality of hub. I shall have a look and see if I like your stuff.

L.

2. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lovely to have you. Enjoy HP. smile

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

howdy! smilesmile

4. Bredavies profile image61
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey! welcome!!!

2. NaomiR profile image74
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

It sounds like you like many of the same things I do... but, generally the way to get fans here is to NOT ask for them. It kind of happens organically after people read your hubs or get to know you in the forums.

Good luck -- it seems like you're off to a great start.

3. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 14 years ago

Welcome smile

4. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Hey welcome to HP. Have fun. Yes you don't want to come out and ask for fans, they will come be patient. Read hubs, and comments help allot. And getting into the forums is big too . smile

5. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! Holly smile

6. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

WELCOME ! smile

7. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Welcome!

8. Runway profile image59
    Runwayposted 14 years ago

oh sorry! I wasn't asking for people to join my fan club, but just to introduce themselves so I could see who else writes about topics I'm interested in.  Thanks to everyone for introducing themselves!  Good to hear from you!  I will definitely be checking out your hubs.

1. Lily Rose profile image86
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like I may have several hubs that fall into those topics you like ...... Welcome to HP!  This really is a great community here!

Just browsed your hubs and they are well written - the only suggestion I would have is to include pictures and/or Amazon capsules in your "product" hubs.  Helps break it up and show the reader what you're talking about.  Also, Amazon hubs can earn you money!

Good luck!

9. SandyMcCollum profile image65
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Welcome, Runway! Cool name.

I'll take a look at your hubs, too. Don't be shy, there's a lot to do, a lot of help and even some fun in the forums.

10. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HP!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask here in the Help forum or type a subject into the search bar at the top of the page. Glad to have you aboard! big_smile

1. profile image49
      BadCompanyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am glad to have you aboard lol, methinks you are starting to talk like a Cabin Girl you wench smile

1. profile image0
        Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wink it must be my peg leg LOL Nice to see you around here again, Cap'n

11. tony0724 profile image62
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages , and I wish you much success here .

12. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Welcome to the Hub!

13. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. Good to see another happy smiling face smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that! big_smile

Welcome and it sounds like you have some great hub topics!

14. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

15. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, jump on in the waters fine.

16. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile awesome authors and fantastic team behind us wink you found a wonderful community.

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

A warm welcome! Plenty of friendly people here. Just ask and hubbers will always be there. It is a great attitude you have. If you read others hubs you will learn what works. smile

18. kiwi gal profile image61
    kiwi galposted 14 years ago

Welcome.  Have fun, read, write. check out the deep end just dive right in.

19. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Welcome.  HubPages is a great place to write, and the community is a nice one.  (FYI:  You may want to stay out of the religion forum for - oh, let's say - forever.  lol  Other than that, it's all good.  lol )

20. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Welcome aboard!

21. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Hi welcome to the mad hatters pary........ Brenda

22. Madison22 profile image60
    Madison22posted 14 years ago

Welcome!

23. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, Runway. Glad you joined the gang!

24. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Welcome! I believe we are all wonderful people and all of us have so many unique hubs you may not have time to read all of them. smile

25. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages big_smile. I suppose some people may think friendly hubbers are hard to find, but we are out here...even the ones hidden behind thick veils of sarcasm tongue. Personally, I share all of your listed interests...except fashion, I'm really, really clueless about fashion. I wear jeans and a T-shirt out of the house, I work in sweats or scrubs, and the only thing that ever changes is how I fix my hair (which never, ever gets cut or colored...just trims). I would also be interested in interesting things to do in my town, except I live in Wyoming...we have very little to do aside from torture city slickers.

26. TINA V profile image68
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

Hi Runaway,  I will try to post my comments on your hubs.

Welcome to Hubpages!

27. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hello Runway. big_smile

Welcome to HubPages!

28. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Hi there! Welcome...I'm friendly but just not too active these days...feel free to ask me anything if you need help regardless. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)