jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Commenting on Posts

1. mylindaelliott profile image76
    mylindaelliottposted 4 years ago

Commenting on Posts

Somehow I have it set up so all of the comments have to be approved by me.  Do you know how to change that?  Do you approve everyone's comments?  Why or why not?

2. WalterPoon profile image79
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Mylindaelliott, I thought that is the default feature. I think it is a good feature as it "forces" you to read every comment and then respond accordingly.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 4 years ago

Click on EDIT for your hub.  At the bottom or on the side there is a COMMENT button.  Click on that and you have some choices there. 
    Also when you are missing comments you can go to your comments on your status page and there is a drop down box for unmoderated, moderated or spam.  They will be put in the Spam section.  Sometimes HP will filter those message in there disregarding their own rules to put them there.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I have mine set so I have to approve comments before they appear on the hub. SO far, I've approved all of them. The only time I'd deny one is if the person was very rude and being nasty to me or the visitors to my hub.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Yes, all my comments must be approved by me.  I like it that way because on occasion there may be spam in the comment section and I do not want that associated with my hubs.

6. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I choose to approve all comments because I had a problem in the past with spam comments. Moderating allows you to keep spam off your hubs and it also can help if you get someone who is less than respectful or who wants to tear into you on a hub that sort of thing. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen sometimes.

7. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

On some subjects you may get smart remark and I accept so many unless I see they are trouble makers then I set that one hub to have to approve but normally I don't so if my friends want to edit their comment they can. Otherwise their type Os go in forever. I think it seems a friendlier atmosphere to not have to approve.

working