jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

How much time do you spend on HubPages or doing HubPages-related work (daily, we

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

How much time do you spend on HubPages or doing HubPages-related work (daily, weekly, or monthly)?

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

One to three Hours a day, four or five days a week.
    I constrain myself to these limits, religiously, so I can work on other things and actually have a life.
    DON

Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A good lesson for us all to learn: moderation in all things (even moderation). Congrats on your Hubber score of 99, Don, especially considering the number of hours you invest. Cheers!

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

The first week I was here, I spent most of my evening at Hubpages because I was both writing and exploring trying to get a grasp on how things worked. Now I spend a couple of hours a day after work reading new hubs, answering people's questions, and responding to comments left at the hubs I follow. If I'm writing a hub that day, I might be on longer.

Interesting. I think yours is a common story. Thanks for putting it into words for us!

4. ThompsonPen profile image81
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Hubpages is my facebook alternative. I spend more time on here trying to keep my score up and looking for inspiration for writing than I do on FB. It's a good trade I think. But I do get up in the morning and spend at least a couple hours before going to work, then I hop on and off periodically for the day.
    If I had my 'druthers, I'd be able to write a Hub during those first couple of hours, but as mentioned before, the inspiration isn't always there.
    But it varies too. This time six months ago I was maybe on here on average 5-30 min a day.

ThompsonPen, you sound like me--I haven't reached a steady-state with HubPages yet in terms of time investment that's appropriate for my wishes, either. It varies a LOT from month to month.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I used to spend quite a bit of my time on hubpages until the recent changes. I find myself editing or completely deleting hubs more than anything now. Hubpages is not "fun" like it once was. They have taken a site where you could express you feelings and have become like dictators. Another thing, there is definite favoritism shown here of late.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this comment: I think many agree, including me. I just edit and tweak existing stuff. Not very fun. Hang in there, let's see what happens next.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

i spend 2 hours in the morning and 3-4 hours at night every day doing hub hopping and answering questions only. That does not include writing hubs yet! I write one hub per month

Interesting! I never would have guessed you could maintain a Hubber score of 95 just by hub hopping and answering questions (plus one hub a month). Then again, I need to look in the mirror: it's been a long time since I've written a new hub, too.

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Hubpages? Daily, about an hour between study sessions.

Wow! I never would have guessed. Your work is such high quality and your writing so well-thought-out... And your (meaningless, but still) Hubber score is 93! Awesome job, lburmaster!

8. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I am on HP daily for a few hours depends on what I am doing I try my best to be active as much as possible, but  I have a set time not to exceed my hours on the computer.

Very practical to limit computer time (including HP time). Thanks for your comments!

9. wisdom25 profile image79
    wisdom25posted 4 years ago

I visit hub pages every day reading hubs and answering questions. Usually if I have any type of inspiration I'll write for an hour. My goal is to at least write 3 hubs a week. If I can push myself to do this every week then I'll be able to write even more.

10. myefforts profile image81
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

I spend a few hours daily on Hub Pages to contribute what knowledge I have and to learn a lot from others.

working