jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the purpose of the map capsule?

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

What is the purpose of the map capsule?

I was just looking up some of the items needed for a Stellar Hub and noticed the map capsule.  I think this is weird because I really do not see how some hubs can incorporate the map.  I can understand if you are making hubs that are historical in nature.

2. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 4 years ago

The map capsule has been around for a bit. It comes in handy when you are doing a hub on a place and want to show people where the place is. It is a bit more specialized, but when you need a map, nothing else will do. Tourism hubs are another that it fits nicely in. It is always nice to pinpoint the specific location of the attraction and the different features, such as the geysers in Yellowstone. If you are writing a fiction story and it is in a real town, it is nice to show some of the things there.

3. NMLady profile image60
    NMLadyposted 4 years ago

i specialize in SW USA info and recipes.  The map is very helpful.

4. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I love the map capsule!  When I write an article talking about a place, I include a map.  It's very useful for the reader to visualize where you are talking about.

5. freecampingaussie profile image60
    freecampingaussieposted 4 years ago

I love being able to use the map capsule with my travel hubs . They look more interesting as well as useful for others .