jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Are you removing your "sign up for Hubpages" messages when you edit your hubs?

1. donnah75 profile image96
    donnah75posted 4 years ago

Are you removing your "sign up for Hubpages" messages when you edit your hubs?

When I went into edit mode on some of my hubs today, one of the "style recommendations" was to remove the sign up for Hubpages link that I put at the bottom of the article.  I wonder if others are removing this link and how people feel about this recommendation in general.  Part of me realizes that I make zero from sign ups, so I might as well remove them.  However, for some reason I am on the fence.  Thoughts?

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

I've never added it to any of my hubs that I'm aware of.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I didn't have very many - I only included them on hubs that offered HubPages advice, but yes, I think that they do need to be removed.  HubPages frowns on these, and your Hubscore is likely to be affected.

1. donnah75 profile image96
      donnah75posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I suppose it makes sense to drop it.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image90
      Victoria Lynnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand why HP frowns on that, do you? It helps them, too.

4. BlossomSB profile image91
    BlossomSBposted 4 years ago

That's an interesting question. I don't think I've ever added it to any of my hubs, but I have it on my Profile. Does that mean that I should removed my 'sign up' message from there, too? I have no idea if it has ever encouraged anyone to follow the message.

5. Marsha Musselman1 profile image84
    Marsha Musselman1posted 4 years ago

Instead of having the sign-up blurb on your individual hubs, why not put links with your referral code in your links to other hubs you've written instead? I started doing this recently when pinning or using twitter for my own hubs and that of others. I've not seen it do anything yet, but I only began this project recently so it might be too hard to tell.

If I get the results I'm looking for I plan on writing a hub giving specifics on different ways it can be done so we can differentiate where the various sign-ups are coming from, assuming there will be some.

Closed to reply

working