jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Help I deleted my hub!!

1. David Francis profile image44
    David Francisposted 9 years ago

Hi,

I've just joined hubpages and created my first hub, about my travels around the world on Concorde and encounters with dragons.

Suddenly I found that my hub had been deleted! I assume that I must have done something to cause the hub to be deleted because when I re-edited the hub I was able to republish it.

I've no idea what I did to cause the hub to be deleted and after working on it all day it caused me quite a panic. I'd like to make sure that I don't accidentally delete a hub again and would be grateful if anyone has any idea what I did wrong.

The hub is:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Round-the-World-in-80-Ways

Many thanks
    David

2. relache profile image92
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Did you hit the button that reads "delete" which appears at the top of the hub to the owner/author?  Because that's how Hubs get deleted.

1. David Francis profile image44
      David Francisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Relache,

I really don't think so, but perhaps I managed to be that dumb somehow!
      I thought at first I'd done something wrong and my hub had been deleted by hubpages, but as I was able to republish the hub I guess it was OK.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply and I'll be sure to watch out for that delete button!

Regards
      David

1. relache profile image92
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, the delete button does sit right between "edit" and "view stats" which has never seemed to me to be a good place for it.  As Whitney pointed out, you do get an "undelete" option, and that's part of why Hubs will still show on your stats page for a few days after you do hit the button to delete them, so you have plenty of time to correct a mistake or change you mind.

And if a Hub receives an administrative "unpublish" I'm pretty sure you get a message about it from admin.

3. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

It's still visbile, so it must not be deleted. I clicked your link and the hub is still there. On you account page, can you see the title with maybe a line throught it? If so, you can click it and there should be an undelete option. If you don't see the title, then I don't know because I can still see the hub.

I've clicked on other hubs before, and usually if they've been deleted, I get a message that the hub no longer exists.

4. David Francis profile image44
    David Francisposted 9 years ago

Many thanks Whitney and Relache,

I think I may have discovered what I did wrong. I've just noticed as I edited the hub that there is an "unpublish button". I may well have misread that as "publish" because i expected to have to republish after editing. I'll be careful not to do that again!

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
    David

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that 'done editing' button doesn't sound all that special.

I would have thought something that said 'republish' would be more appropriate. Because I can be done editing yet not publish an article.

Done editing reminds me of "save as draft".

5. relache profile image92
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Yeah, that's the other place a hub can get tripped up.

working