jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How much time do you dedicate to HP?

1. Bishop55 profile image93
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

How much time do you dedicate to HP?

Hi.  I'm just wondering, all you seasoned hubbers out there...how much time daily, weekly do you dedicate to writing hubs?  I work fulltime and I just wish I could quit working and write all day long! I seem to average 2-4 hubs a week, still learning so much, but really want to crank them out like an assembly line.

2. Mark Psychedlic profile image81
    Mark Psychedlicposted 4 years ago

Although I like hubpages.com and enjoy adding content I find being spontaneous much more fun, if  I dedicated specific times for this it would (for me) ruin the overall experience. So indulging in hubbing for me is far better done when I suddenly get motivated to engage in it thus keeping the flame of interest alive.

Bishop55posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I completely understand the spontaneous aspect.  I noticed when I write to much, I get burned out and feel the quality of what I'm doing is sub-par.

3. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Hi Bishop55. Sounds like you're doing great with 2-4 hubs a week. Your passion to write more is getting in the way of the reality of having enough time to follow through with that passion. I'm on HP daily, way too much time IMO in the forums, Q&A, and checking stats. I used to write more when I started (2 hubs a week) but then slowed down due to other obligations and time constraints. Like you, I wish I had time to write more. I'm at a hub a month now, plenty ideas in queue, just no time to write. To answer your question, I would say 2 to 5 hours a day, high end when I'm researching and writing a hub.

Bishop55posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm on here way to much too! smile  I've noticed I check it from work about 6 times a day.  It's a bit addicting. I may end up cutting back because the quality of my writing goes down when I try to do to many.  1 a month seems like a way to keep quality

4. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I try to write three or so hubs a week but I'm not really hard on myself about that number. If I get an idea, I'll write! Even if I don't write I'm on here creeping the answers section and hopping hubs. I really love this site. smile

working