How do I attract followers and viewers to My Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (19 posts)
  1. connelly73 profile image55
    connelly73posted 8 years ago

Please help. I'm kinda new and started to post hubs in Oct. I have 4 now and have also started my own website.

I'm interested in sharing my music that I have written, played and recorded myself and post articles related to songwriting and the guitar. But after all this time I only have 2 fans and don't see many people visiting my hubs.

What do I need to do? Any hints or tips and can you keep it basic as I'm a newbie to all this.

1. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Write Hubs on things that other people find interesting and helpful, and interact with the community without breaking the forum rules.

Or at least that's my take on it in a nutshell.

2. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, I would suggest you put a picture in place on your hub. It will give people an idea about you, as a person. The type of picture can not be lewd or nudity, and try to not make it completely horrible either. Something that reflects you.

I would definitely hang out in the forums and give your views about some things. Share your thoughts there and those who like what you have to say, will visit your Hubs to check you out.

The community is the best place to get followers and viewers. Plus, I am sure if you search among the community of hubbers, you will also find help on sources for driving more traffic to your Hubs.

Hope I was helpful.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

search again the forum about topics same as yours which are answered already and read it through,

just write good articles

2. Eileen Hughes profile image83
    Eileen Hughesposted 8 years ago

Like relache says.
    Write more hubs and also become fans with other writers that share your interests or people who write interesting hubs whether it is medical, school, or whatever is interesting.
    Dogs pets, anything at all.  You will soon have more fans return the favor to you.  Hope that helps

3. Ms Chievous profile image76
    Ms Chievousposted 8 years ago

What relache said and give it some time!  Your fanbase will grow in time

4. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 8 years ago

A profile picture might help. Just read and look at lots of other hubs. I think you've overdone linking your website to one hub.

5. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 8 years ago

Commenting regularly on other peoples hubs is part of the usual advice.

I would avoid a link to outside websites in your first paragraph of a hub. Google isn't reckoned to like it. Best of luck.

6. Ultimate Hubber profile image63
    Ultimate Hubberposted 8 years ago

Do some SEO to attract external targeted traffic and this traffic converts the best.

7. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 8 years ago

Not sure how successful you will be with music hubs as this is primarily a writing site, as in text, (plus you can't add audio to hubs). All the same, good luck!

8. Professor Eric profile image54
    Professor Ericposted 8 years ago

Personally, I used a combination of my magnetic personality and my award (and grant) winning content.

Best of luck to you! =]

9. connelly73 profile image55
    connelly73posted 8 years ago

Thanks guys I will take it all on board.

10. fdoleac profile image56
    fdoleacposted 8 years ago

Connelly 73
    Tweet your hubs - post the link and a short comment about it.

11. G Miah profile image78
    G Miahposted 8 years ago

Wave a carrot at them, should them following you! (Sorry, i'm in my 'funny' mode!'

12. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Bribes of chocolate and spirits works, yeah wink lol lol

13. tony0724 profile image57
    tony0724posted 8 years ago

Put lots of attractive Indian girls  on your hubs ! But seriously comment and fan other hubbers . Write what you are passionate about ! There is no substitute for sincerety. And just keep participating . The fans come in time . But most of all keep your ego out of it and just have fun ! That for me is what this is about .

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

hi tony, hows your day going?

14. myownworld profile image75
    myownworldposted 8 years ago

A few important things that help:
    - Writing good hubs..(minus typos..well presented)
    - participating in the forums... (really helps with internal traffic!)
    - Key words and back links (for external traffic)
    - reading and commenting on other people's hubs

best of luck with everything! smile

15. Haunty profile image81
    Hauntyposted 8 years ago

upload an image

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)