Hubpages has changed. Articles that were once featured are now struck off for no

1. maddot profile image78
    maddotposted 4 years ago

Hubpages has changed. Articles that were once featured are now struck off for no apparent reason.

I'm curious as to why hubs that were intitially well received  are now not featured and described as not meeting the quality required?   I've read some atrocious articles on Hubpages and I've read some excellent ones - a good article is a good article and tiem does not change that. I have not spent hours writing articles on Hubpages focusing on keywords at the expense of accuracy. For some time most of my articles were featured..what's changed? The articles haven't..so what has changed?

2. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

You are right, maddot, it is confusing and frustrating. But the bottom line is that the rules have changed in the middle of the game. The QAP standards are higher so that the quality of the site can improve. I have been through it, too. An article may become not featured even if it's a pretty decent article. But because it only has 400 word count and now the minimum if 700, it is considered not good enough. It usually takes something as simple as increasing word count, correcting typos, or adding a poll to get an otherwise well-written article featured again. However, to keep it featured more than likely has to do with traffic and not quality.

1. maddot profile image78
      maddotposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks for that Jan.

working