jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Will a Hub be flagged with duplicate content if the duplicate content from anoth

1. symphonyx7 profile image85
    symphonyx7posted 4 years ago

Will a Hub be flagged with duplicate content if the duplicate content from another Hub that I wrote?

I'm infuriated that my latest Hub has been unpublished on the grounds of "duplicate" content as far as I'm aware, the only duplicate content would be from another Hub that I wrote.

If you take a look at my Hubs, the formatting and overall look is identical because I review cellphones. I'm bound to have similar or a bit of "duplicate content" from the previous Hubs I have written.

Anyway, this is the first time I have been flagged for anything and I want to know the specific cause. I want them to point out which texts are "duplicate" exactly. This warning is so vague.

2. MarieAlana1 profile image71
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

I believe that I have been flagged for duplicate content before with it being my content in another hub.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Then reword it and don't use the same text on different hubs. You can link hubs that are related and that is fine, but you can't duplicate whole blocks of content without tripping the filter.

4. vocalcoach profile image96
    vocalcoachposted 4 years ago

It is against HP policy to duplicate any content word for word.  Find a different way to say the same thing.  This is actually a good policy as it helps to prevent others from copying what you've written  (although there are plenty that do.)

1. symphonyx7 profile image85
      symphonyx7posted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's only a good policy if the author writes a smorgasbord of different topics. But for someone like me who's centralized and sticks to a certain topic, this is just unfair. I'm bound to have portions with similar content across my Hubs.

5. Ceres Schwarz profile image21
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

I've also experienced having a hub unpublished because of duplicate content. That was the first time I ever got that warning so I was also confused about it. I replied to the e-mail that I got from HubPages and asked where the duplicate content was.

The duplicate content apparently came from one of my other hubs since I was writing about the many different music albums from the same series so there were some things that were inadvertently duplicated like when I give a short information  / overview on the series in question before discussing the music album.

To fix this, what I did was write another hub that contained the information on the series and its characters, etc so whenever I have to mention this on my music album hubs, I just include a link to the information / overview hub.

You can try doing the same for your hubs so you won't have to inadvertently duplicate your own content. Or you can just make sure that you write things completely differently. Hope this helped.

working