jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What software if any , do successful hubbers invest in?

1. Rebecca Furtado profile image71
    Rebecca Furtadoposted 4 years ago

What software if any , do successful hubbers invest in?

2. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I personally try not to buy anything for HubPages, since my income is not very big, but once I make lots of  money and need to reduce the tax costs, I would make sure I have:
    1.  A word processing program that checks for spelling and grammar. Besides writing hubs, you can use it to save your research notes.  I would get the whole Microsoft Office suite, so that I could also use the spreadsheet to keep track of my income and changes I made to hubs, etc. and have Powerpoint to create slideshows I could use videos.
    2.  A photo processing program that would help me show my photos at their finest.

This isn't software, but some other investments:
    1. Quality computer with lots of memory
    2. Fast internet speed
    3. Comfortable chair (and ergonomic setup.)
    4. Quality camera - a small one that I can carry around with me all the time so I can get those photos

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I made the mistake of purchasing paintshop.  The sales person at the store convinced me to buy it.  Unfortunately it's the same price as one of the Adobe photo software and it really isn't as user friendly for me as I would have hoped.  I've since started using Picasa for free for photos.

I also have  Word, Microsoft office suite, and a good security software.

I have an older digital camera, but wish I had something newer.  I used to have a Kodak Easy Share, but they don't make them any more.  I really loved it.  It broke.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

When I did this my budget only paid for the house bills and rent so I found MS Word Starter 2010 for free. I use that to write my Hubs and it is pretty good at finding errors in spelling, grammar, spacing, sentence errors and practically everything else.
    I still double check it all capsule by capsule after I copy/paste it to HP to make sure before, and after, I publish it.

1. Rebecca Furtado profile image71
      Rebecca Furtadoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

These are all great ideas. I was expecting grammerly, and maybe some type of other writing software geared towards writers. I also thought maybe you all invested in collections of stock photos. The camera with you always is invaluable.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I do most of the Hub in Word except the photos/videos. It is easier to do them in HP.

working