jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Hub Writing Method

1. misslong123 profile image86
    misslong123posted 4 years ago

Hub Writing Method

Does anyone have a fail-proof system or method that they follow from start to finish in writing a quality hub?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

I don't, but I am answering because I also want to know. 
    Following the editing tips helps a lot, and though I know some general SEO tips, I'm not ambitious enough to pursue them religiously.
    Luck may play a part.
    I have a couple of hubs that constantly outperform a hundred others, but they don't give me a clue about why others don't do as well. I don't think they are my best writing. They don't follow a "method", as far as I can see. In fact, they have very little in common.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

The technique that works best for me is a made for Pinterest image or images - and focusing on "shareability" and making hubs very aesthetically pleasing.  I have learned from design courses and from years of writing online - it's not just providing awesome information, it's also in using good elements of design. 

My hubs that perform the best have great Pinterest friendly images. I create images for the vast majority of my hubs.  Also, white space and a lot of capsules and breaking up of text. 

I use different elements, like a tidbit or little piece of crucial or interesting information in quotes or indented for example. Or, place a colored box over to the right side with a bulleted list. 

Think of how the hub looks to a viewer as much as you think about the content - it works. People are more likely to engage with content that looks good.

misslong123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks you for the thoughtful advice! I will definitely look into following it. I don't know much about Pinterest, but plan to learn. I know you are a busy writer, so I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I'm glad I'm your follower!

4. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

The only method I can say that I follow is making sure the hub includes all the basics required to get a good QAP, not just pass. I've gotten over feeling like I drank the kool-aid as far as following HP requirements, i.e., "when in Rome . . ."

I also write my article in Word and rewrite the entire hub in the capsules. I don't copy and paste so I can edit as I go. I read and re-read many times to catch mistakes. I don't use spell checker. I also shoot my own pics if I can or try to find the most original, sharp, colorful pics I can at morgue file, photopin, or pixabay.

misslong123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow. I have been studying others' hubs for weeks. You really have some unique and original ideas that are great! I would like to be a follower from now on after reading your excellent advice. I look forward to reading more of your hubs. Keep at it!

working