jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I enable Website Tracking on my hubs?

1. mcbel profile image75
    mcbelposted 4 years ago

How do I enable Website Tracking on my hubs?

I filled out the google analytics form and it gave me a script, only it was extremely vague as to what to do with it. It says 'copy and paste it to the web page' but I refuse to have a large chunk of ugly HTML coding in the middle of my hub.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

HP has rules allowing only a certain 'amount' of HTML to be used. When you edit a capsule and click on HTML (in the upper left of the bar above the white text space) and then click on 'Save' it converts back to regular text.
    If any HTML does show up then you will have to remove it but I do not think that it will - though I do not use it.

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

You just take the tracking ID from Google Analytics, looks something like UA- then some numbers; you go to My Account here at HP, go to Earnings; you'll see Google Analytics there with the rest of the Affiliates like Adsense, Amazon; you click configure (or I think it says, Get Started) at the Analytics section and put in that UA------ number. That's how I remember it, it's been awhile. You don't have to put in html anywhere. Fortunately.

4. barbat79 profile image75
    barbat79posted 4 years ago

This is not what a person would view...the large chunks of added info.  Check on Earnings Tab...enter the code in the boxes on each of your hubs  (there is a box to enter the code.  It is garbilty goop but it works.  I found for myself that the analytics was not as important as the information I was already was able to receive   It is a personal preference...I don't know that I was clear or specific enough, but I am willing to walk through the phases if you like!

Best wishes to you!  let me know if you would like more concrete assistance smile

working