jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do when one (or some) of your hubs has been copied by someone else?

1. Silver Q profile image94
    Silver Qposted 4 years ago

What do you do when one (or some) of your hubs has been copied by someone else?

Two of my hubs have now a red "c" next to them which indicates they have been copied by someone else and I'm unsure as to how to proceed. Any guidance?

2. gitachud profile image89
    gitachudposted 4 years ago

It seems there are people who join HP  just to steal others' content. I think you can request for a DMCA take down, the process of which is explained here:

Hope that helps.

3. possum lover profile image57
    possum loverposted 4 years ago

What I've done in the past is first leave a comment for that person about what they have done, which usually doesn't work. So next I contact the site itself which my work has been copied on, and explain to the site coordinators that this is my work, with a link to my hub, and I want it removed at once. This almost always works, because the dates on my hub are always much older than the dates on the stolen copied version. Best of luck to you Silver Q. It can also be flattering to some people as it is with the person who wrote this hub - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Stole-wh … -hub-pages

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

It's so annoying when this happens but it's all a part of being an online writer. You soon discover that not all contributors are honest people!!!

This issue is ongoing and has been thoroughly aired in forum after forum - just check out the forums to learn much more.

The Learning Center has a section on stolen content which you should read. Plus, I got so angry when some of my work was stolen I wrote a hub about -  which helped get rid of some negative energy!!

I wish you well.

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

mine was copied and paste another website. didn't do anything