jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

I know hubberscores can change a lot, but mine dropped 6 points in a day, is tha

1. AliceFournier profile image69
    AliceFournierposted 4 years ago

I know hubberscores can change a lot, but mine dropped 6 points in a day, is that normal?

I posted two new hubs, got comments and visits, but my score keeps getting lower... Am I worrying too much?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if it's usual or not, but I've had mine drop by as much as 7 or 8 points for a few days after publishing a new hub even when people are reading it and leaving comments. I don't think it's anything to worry about unless it doesn't go back up in a few days.

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

Your hubber score can go down slightly when hubs are published, which seems a bit odd, but this doesn't happen every time!! I'm inclined to think there's a random factor at play too and nobody I know has yet nailed it down!

I'm sure if you continue to write, comment, view and keep active on HubPages your hubber score will increase. No doubt about that.

4. Ashleign profile image91
    Ashleignposted 4 years ago

Women are discriminated against for being opinionated. I have just learned to accept, that my score will drop no matter if I keep this trap shut or not.

5. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Who knows? My score used to be 100. Then down to 92. Then all the way to 89. Then back up. Hub scores don't mean anything to me, honestly.

6. AliceFournier profile image69
    AliceFournierposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your answers! It went down from 89 to 78 in less than 24 hours...

7. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

I'm now of the opinion that as we place more and more Hubs and time goes by our score goes up.  But when it reaches a certain figure it tends to fluctuate for reasons I've never been able to fathom.   My highest ever was 96.  My lowest for the past year or so, 89.   This even though I'm in there answering questions just about every time I log in.

Obviously Hubpages want us to keep adding more and more material and the wider the range of subjects the better; greater the subject range the greater the range of advertising they can paste on.

For me, I use Hubpages simply because I enjoy writing.  I doubt anyone ever makes any really good money from Hubpages - except, of course, those who run it.

The score is that 'carrot on the stick' out front of the donkey.  It's a good ploy and, by the comments it raises, it is obviously doing what it was meant to do as far as the Hubpages people are concerned.

AliceFournierposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree but the scores guide the users, and if it doesn't indicate the "level" or the quality of the hubs published by an author, what is it for?

8. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

The HubPages score system is so inconsistent it ought to be removed because it's beyond the point of repair. You needn't worry about this as - even though it's rare - everyone has these plummets in score. Give it a few days and let us know the results. If things stay the same, it's good. If the score keeps dropping, let us know.

AliceFournierposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer, it's true that the system doesn't match my progress or my views, I actually did better yesterday than any other days (when you look at the statistics and comments and feedback), but the score went down for an unknown reason.

9. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Yes. In the end what does your hubber score mean? The only numbers that we should worry about are the one's going into our Paypal accounts. smile

10. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image31
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

My score stood between 90 and 95 till a few months back.  Then all on a sudden it started going down and now stands at 81 (mostly at 79).  I have observed several hubbers facing this problem.  How to tackle this issue is the question; but no proper explanation is coming from anywhere.  Let's wait and expect for the best sooner or later.

working