Hubber score dropped 3 points in 12 hours(overnight)

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (51 posts)
  1. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

Hi, I have been hubbing for 5 weeks. My hubber score has been running at 95-97. I has been 97 for a few days. It was 97 at midnight. I just logged on and my score is 94. Is this the norm? I mean is dropping 3 points in 12 hours a frequent occurence?I am an active participant and read and comment for two hours or more daily. Also.....why on earth is this bugging me,it's not like I'm back in high school!HA!
    Your reply is much appreciated!

1. wvierra profile image61
      wvierraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have had a 94 once when I logged off, and got up the next day just to find it dropped to an 88, I was looking for maybe a flagged hub or something but there was none.

I'm assuming this is a common occurrence with Hubbers like myself, but has anyone bothered to figure out what is the bottom line and if this can be controlled by some kind of measure?

W. Vierra

2. David 470 profile image79
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes they continue to change. I had 96 at one point,but it drops to 92 sometimes.This is normal as long as your not dropping significant amounts...

3. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  You are doing incredibly well with those scores in the short time you've been here.  You must have lots of views - really good traffic makes a lot of difference.  And yes, a 3 point drop in score happens often - don't fret - it comes back up, sometimes without you doing anything.  And don't fret when you write a terrific new hub and your score goes down immediately - that's because of the hubs' scores averaged - as soon as it gets some traffic and its individual score goes up, so does your hubber score.  I had 100 for about 3 hours today and now I'm back to 99 because, I think, I wasn't in the forums or doing anything on my day off!  Like I say, be proud, you are doing really really well!

4. bayoulady profile image68
      bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OH WOW MY HUBBER SCORE IS 100 TODAY! That's a first for me! (of course I took out my camera and snapped a pictureI!) I've been sick for 2 days  and have barely been on the site. hummmmm, So stay away? LOL! just kidding!  YAY!  Jackie

1. mailxpress profile image50
        mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way to go.  I would be in static too.

I've never reached 100 score.  The highest I've ever reached several times is 98.  But I will tell you that for the past six months my score has been 90 and above.

It's so confusing to me how the score fluctuates but if I keep a score of 90 and above I'm so happy with that.

5. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't get mine to go up nor can I get anyone to read my hubs! I think I'm going to cry!

1. the clean life profile image71
        the clean lifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine does the same. Up and down like a yo yo, . I'm out to hit that 100 soon I hope.

Just to tell you I had a 93 this afternoon and now just looked at a 90. So depressing. everyone say not to sweat it but it just bumbs you out when you see you are heading to 100 and go backwards. Keep it above 75 and everyone will be fine.
          hang in there!

6. sammyfiction profile image61
      sammyfictionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on your high score for such a short time!!
      I believe scores fluctuate and I'm pretty sure it is to do with the popularity of your hubs, as traffic has a large influence on your score. Hubkarma also has a little pull on that too. Just dont fret, I left my hub alone for a week and it only dropped from 91 to an 84. So it serves me right for not publishing but hey, like the clean life said, if you can keep it above 75 then your doing swimmingly!!
      smile thanks

2. Dobson profile image76
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Yes, bayoulady, the score fluctuates quite a lot in a short time. I have had my cycle between 93 and 100 for a few months now. I am not totally sure what makes it do this.

Dobson,me either. It's like I'm getting a b instead of an A...silly I know.

3. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

It dropped 4 pts for me overnight.But I felt that was nothing to worry about.smile

UMA07. 4 points...okay. this is the first time mine dropped so quickly. Just trying to figure out what I did wrong. thanks!

4. gqgirl profile image66
    gqgirlposted 13 years ago

I'm always writing and commenting and hub hopping but I'm stuck anywhere from 84-86 but it rarely ever goes above 85 and when it did get to 89 went back down to 85 over night. so who knows.

I just read one of you hub. good job.So it's a mystery....

5. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

It is the norm and the 'algorithm' is to blame-nasty mathematical thing they use! smile

Thanks  lorlie,  I have always been a worry wart about grades. I feel like i'm back in high school  when the honor roll and GPA was posted each six weeks. I do not like being under 95...stupid I know!

6. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

I hear you when you talk about "grades" smile It's silly isn't it? I used to fight for an A cuz I got an A-....why do we do that to ourselves?

It's one of the reasons I started not to be a hubber.  I HATE that we have a score by our name in the forums. It feels like a popularity contest, or getting a bad grade when you studied so hard for the test!LOL!

7. Sullen91 profile image71
    Sullen91posted 13 years ago

You ought to be concerned if you had lost three dollars.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hub/Profilescores have nothing whatsoever to do with how many earnings or traffic you will get.

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years ago

If you do want to fret about this, it does seem to have a lag.  I think I have noticed that if a traffic drop coincudes with low forum involvement and few new followers and accolades, I see the drop a few days later.

And, no matter how unimportant it really is, I hate seeing it drop :-)

3. Dame Scribe profile image58
      Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

It is unfortunate tongue that it seems we have to fight to keep our scores especially if they are high. I think it's all in our perspective of how one views it - measurement of worth - measurement of pride- measurement of respect - measurement of ... [fill in the blank] and can be difficult to accept as 'it don't matter'. hmm but it don't really smile

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hubscore is going to constantly change. To be completely honest, it isn't something to worry about. wink

5. CASE1WORKER profile image60
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

sometimes up, sometimes down. Unless it goes below 90 you are unlikely to hear me scream. If it goes below that argh!" but it means naught!

6. bileygur profile image60
      bileygurposted 13 years ago

Well, I assume that having over 90 in less than 5 weeks is good results. Right?

7. CYBERSUPE profile image62
      CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Don't fret, I believe we all suffer from the same situation. A popular song some years ago said it all " Don't Worry Be Happy"

8. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

bayou, I too have always been grade conscious-  a grade-A-holic you might say.  In my first few months on HubPages, I also obsessed about hub and hubber scores.  For most of us, as time goes on, we evolve our priorities, and in doing so, don’t fret so much on scores.  I do however understand where you are now.  A few thoughts and observations: 

I achieved a hubber score of about 50 before I wrote my first hub.  So this was achieved by reading and commenting on hubs, and participating in the forums.  Once I started writing hubs (at an average rate of about 16 hubs per month), my hubber score was usually 88 to 92. 

Over time, my hubber score has crept up.  Now it ranges between 95 and 98, regardless of my hubtivity.  Contest months I have produced 30+ hubs, which has tended to bring my hubtivity to a screeching halt, except monitoring the HubMob thread.  The months after contests, I have dramatically curtailed writing new hubs, and spent time on bookmarking.  Either way, my hubber score has gradually crept up over time, and fluctuated 3 to 4 points.

Thanks.mcCrayne. I think I spend way too much time reading and commenting , and maybe not enough time writing, though I enjoy it immensely. I have actually made cyberfriends that email me personally. hubpages is WAY more enteratining than TV or facebook! Here we all have commonality in that we love to write!

I'm no longer  stressing about it. Hey, I won a hubnugget last week and my score didn't go up, so I give up trying to figure it out.Its still a hip place to write!

9. Richieb799 profile image77
      Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Yes this is a common occurrence, the harder you work the less likely it happens to be a big drop

1. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the focus should be more on hubs that are readable than or forums and other stuff, most of the time a lot of people are just saying hi  to each other on the forums I have noticed and some light conversation ( not that I have a problem there) My take is this activity should not be reflected on our scores , our should be what counts. The others activity could be reflected in the accolades.
        That is my personal opinion.

10. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

As others have said, the scores are changing all the time.  My most recent range is 5 points, although most often the score tends to go up or down 1 or 2 points first, before it either goes up or down the additional 3 points (if it's going do that).  I don't know if I just miss the increments, but I'll sign on one time and be 95.  The next time I look I'm 100 (always nice, no matter how much I can't really care about scores).  THEN, though, I'll be kicked down to 98 and 95 in a matter of a day.  It's just how it works (at least for me and a lot of other people).  It really can't be said often enough to newer Hubbers - all you can do is put in your best effort, most likely get a reasonably decent score, and then don't pay a lot of attention to scores.   I suppose if a person dipped 10 points or more it would likely be a system gliche (or else the person did something "really horrible" on here  lol ).  A couple of times I've dipped as much as 6 points over couple of/few days and linger at the "low" for several days.

11. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years ago

I don't worry about hubscores and the like, I just concentrate on traffic and earnings.... oh and writing more hubpages that will bring me more traffic and earnings!

12. mquee profile image66
      mqueeposted 13 years ago

I have been trying to figure out how the hub score is arrived at, with very little success. I spend a lot of time reading and commenting on other hubs. I average between 92 and 96, reaching 98 for a very short time once. It doesn't bother me as much now when it drops.

Mquee, me either.I'm not gonna sweat over it anymore!

Lorile6 said it's the algorthym...ugh. Like I said, I won a hubnugget, and it still didn't go up. So , I can't figure it out, and I'm done trying. The long termers here say that it is nothing to stew about, so I'm gonna just ignore that feeling I get to try to pump up the score.I 'm not on the forums much, because I follow a LOT of writers, and I try to stop by and rate, even if I don't have time to comment.

13. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Hubber score dropped 3 points in 12 hours(overnight)"

Story of my life. It will pass.

1. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the last one week I have seen my scores bounce up and down like a rubber ball, I think we just have to take this in our stride.

14. bayoulady profile image68

THANKS EVERYONE for taking the time to give me an encouraging post of  been there,done that. It helped my poor lil ole feelings! My score is 100 as I write this! First time!I took a picture,ha! I know,I know, it will drop shortly...but I have the picture to prove it...:>)

15. Len Cannon profile image89
      Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

The world is ending.

16. bayoulady profile image68

Thanks! Like I said...I took a picture,cuz  I know it won't last.but whoo-hoo anyway!

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds familiar.  Like you, I hit 100 for the first time a few days ago, but it lasted less than a day.  I also took a pic, just for grins.

I see it's back up again, but I'm sure it won't last either.  Fun though, while it lasts,   I got some followers out it, though, some newbies that probably thought I knew something.  Boy, were they wrong!

Great Job for hitting that 100. I was at 93 about 5 minutes ago and just looked and down to 92. I don't get it. I keep using the Forums and commenting and writing everyday but can't see that 100. Anyway enjoy your score while it last.

2. the clean life profile image71

Wow, Congrats on your score. That is awesome and very hard, at least for me, to hit that 100 mark.

17. profile image0
      anhdungleposted 13 years ago

I just started my hubpages account and posted one hub. My score was 30 but just dropped to a 28. My first hub was 50 but increased by 2. I guess these things fluctuate pretty often.

anhdungle, welcome to hubpages then. I love hubpages. It's a friendly group of regulars on here. Some are very passionate on forums ,so don't get a wrong opinion as I did my first few days here.They actually like each other and it's mostly banter. I have found them ALL to be very likeable and FRIENDLY. My score went up quickly after I started following and commenting. Find some writers that really interest you and follow/comment.(It's very addictive! Such good writers!)

1. profile image0
          anhdungleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for replying. I joined Hubpages in order to network and so far I found that it's really a good place. I can freely write and exchange with other people which is something I was looking for.

Welcome anhdungle to our family of Hubbers. You will enjoy this site and there are so many great writers and good friends as well. Keep writing and commenting and using the forums. don't feel bad, this morning my score was 94 7 hours later is now a 90. It is only a score, don't sweat it though. But I was told to keep it up 75 and over to get links. If I'm wrong for anyone reading this please by all means let me know. Good luck and look forward to reading your hubs.

18. Sweetsusieg profile image76
      Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

bayoulady, I too feel as though I'm in school and looking for that A...  You work really hard only to discover that all you earned was a B.  Don't get me wrong a B is good, but we all strive for those A's.   

Maybe that's why we have scores, so we continue to try our hardest!

Chin up!!

19. swapna123 profile image60
      swapna123posted 13 years ago

My hubscore drops down a lot when I write a new hub. After one or two days, it seems to jump back a little. My hubkarma is higher around 96 or 97, but i don't think either of this can influence the traffic in any manner.

1. nicregi profile image65
        nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I cant seem to go pass the score of 94 on my profile. Hmm!

Even my hubkarma is always 57 @_@ lol I wonder how to get higher hubkarma. I even suggest link on hubs (roughly 3-4 each hubs)!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)