jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are the dos and don'ts to keep in mind while migrating your hubs to your pe

1. Anishpat profile image79
    Anishpatposted 4 years ago

What are the dos and don'ts to keep in mind while migrating your hubs to your personal blog?

2. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 4 years ago

They only thing I can think of is just make sure you allow for at least 2 days before you republish a Hub elsewhere, after it has been deleted.  You don't want Google to see two copies of the same piece in two places.  I think you can also manually delete the links to deleted Hubs in Google using Webmaster tools to speed up the process.

As an alternative, you could copy a Hub elsewhere and modify it enough so they are no longer the same, and then you have two close but not the same copies of the same article that can both earn you money.

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

Mainly to make sure the Hubs are de-indexed from the search engine to prevent duplicate content. You can do this manually through Webmaster Tools. I would consider the fact, too, that, if this is where the work was first published, that keeping it here would retain the fact that it is yours. If someone has copied it, they could end up with the older version once you delete it from HP, making it look like it's their original work. Which is another issue, the age of the work; age is a factor in ranking of work, starting over on another site puts the work on the bottom floor again. As far as whether they've been copied, I suppose a check on it would be helpful, like through CopyScape.

4. Writer Fox profile image58
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

1.  Search for any plagiarized content.  If any portion of your Hub has been plagiarized, file the DMCA requests before you unpublish your Hub. When the plagiarized content has been removed (taken off of the Internet), have the cache of the content removed from search engines.

To remove the cache of the plagiarized content on Google:

http://support.google.com/bin/static.py … page=ts.cs
    (click inside the circle which says 'Web Search', then scroll down the page and click inside the circle which says 'A piece of content I am concerned about has already been removed by the webmaster but still appears among the search results.' Then, click on the link 'this tool.' You'll then be asked to sign in and then to enter the page URL and, if the page is still live, a word from the outdated cache page that you want to remove.

To remove the cache on Bing/Yahoo:
    http://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/bing … l-cb6c294d

It can take 24 – 48 hours for the removal process.

2. When all plagiarized content has been removed, unpublish your Hub.  Wait 24 hours for the removal process and then remove the URL and the cache copy of your Hub from search engines using the links above.

3. Remove any links that you have created to that Hub (Facebook, Google+, other Hubs, etc.).

4. When all copies of your Hub are removed from the Internet, publish your content  on your blog.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

You wait for 2-3 days as Rock_nj said but make sure that you DELETED the Hub and did not just unpublish it. Check to make sure that there is a line through the title on the stats page and then wait. When the title disappears the Hub is "deleted".
    Until then you should copy it to Word, (or other processor), to save it.

6. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I would unpublish the Hub and wait two weeks just to be sure.  Be sure you have a copy of the Hub before you unpublish it!!  I know some people use the same Hub with alterations etc. but I won't take a chance like that.

7. Joel Okimoto profile image77
    Joel Okimotoposted 4 years ago

I would say you should try and keep consistency when moving hubs to a blog site. Let me explain myself a little better: when on Hubpages you can write about any subject you want but when it comes to blogging on your own personal site I would say that you should be more careful about what you post. You want your articles to be of a similar genre so you can attract an audience better (and keep them coming back too).

8. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 4 years ago

Make sure that the hub is off off Google, which takes at least two weeks.
    https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1663416

9. abrodech profile image98
    abrodechposted 4 years ago

You're not allowed to publish the content that you made for hubpages anywhere else on the internet. You either have to change 80% of it, or delete/unpublish your published hubpages content

working