jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does having too many unpublished hubs hurts your traffic?

1. cfin profile image81
    cfinposted 4 years ago

Does having too many unpublished hubs hurts your traffic?

I have noticed a clear trend. Once I delete any of my unpublished hubs, I gain a spike in traffic. Is this due to the effect it would have on my hub score? I also noticed that my hub score dropped from 99 to 86 when I started saving unpublished hubs.

2. blueheron profile image95
    blueheronposted 4 years ago

I have unpublished and deleted two hubs, but I didn't notice any significant change in traffic or hub score after I did this.

3. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

I am not aware of unpublished hubs affecting traffic. I have had one since this time last year and my traffic has not been affected. Rather than deleting them, would it not be beneficial to update and publish them?

It is possible that by deleting your hubs you are forcing Google's spider bots to re scan yout sub-domain, but you may well receive this bump if you published as well.

4. itknol profile image81
    itknolposted 4 years ago

Hello, cfin!
    Since only you and the administrators of the site can see the unpublished hubs, there is absolutely no way they can weight down your hub score or alter your traffic spikes. Hub score just drops down to a certain number after a short period of inactivity. Read 'inactivity' as 'not generating content on the site for its visitors to see'.

Traffic spikes are traffic spikes and that trend you have noticed is you searching for the Number 23 smile

Have a smashing new year's eve!
    ItKnol

working