jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

Why do unpublished hubs score continue to rise?

1. homesteadbound profile image89
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

Obviously there is no traffic since it is not published. And is it beneficial to let them sit and hibernate until their numbers are really up before publishing?

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some may rise through a lack of gravity. lol

Seriously though, I do let mine "fester" a while before I publish them sometimes and see the odd 65 or so score before publishing.

homesteadboundposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is there a benefit to doing that?

Also, why does my personal hub score increase substantially while I sleep?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
            paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You must have good karma.

Cute! I'd much rather have good dreams. It's way past my bedtime and hubpages has me up again. Better get to sleep soon.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Most of us believe there is, but it may just be an old wives' tale!

2. kschang profile image89
      kschangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubscore is a combination of factors based on age, views, comments, up/down votes, reactions, and so on. Age does appear to be a factor, and it's not from publication date, but creation date.

3. healinghands1668 profile image82
      healinghands1668posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubscores are a complete mystery to me. My overall score was 83 yesterday, and today it's sitting at 88. My highest-rated hub was 87 yesterday, and now it's 79, which is kinda depressing.

I read some of your hubs, and their great. I plan on reading more tomorrow. Just keep going. I see that we are both fairly new at this. Maybe we can expand our horizons together as we go through this hubpages journey together.

1. healinghands1668 profile image82
          healinghands1668posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just read your hub on blessing children. Seems you write on a variety of topics. That seems like it can only be a good thing. Hoping lots of luck for both of us smile

I am writing about a lot of things because I'm trying to find out who I am and what I can write about best. I have not written much before. I have always wanted to write, but found the idea of writing a book overwhelming. So I am excited to try alot of different topics. I guess you could say that I am spreading my wings a bit.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

It seems to me that the scores of your other hubs influence the score so it will rise a bit even without traffic.

3. sofs profile image84
    sofsposted 6 years ago

I had a couple of my hubs unpublished sometime ago...and the scores plummeted rapidly from 80 - 59 in 4 four days ..so this is news to me.. Good for you smile

I'm talking about ones that have never been published. Although the one that I had unpublished that I need to rewrite is also rising. Thanks for the imput everyone.

4. Hunbbel Meer profile image91
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

'Lack of Gravity' is the only sensible and logical reason for it =P

These hub scores and the author-scores are a mystery to me. They never work as expected. I'm copying my post which I just made on another forum about hub scores (M too lazy to re-write it again!)

"When I suspended my work at hubpages for a couple of months, my author score was still hovering around 78-85 (the same when I was working being a prolific person).

One of my hubs is on google's no.3 ranking (page 1); it daily brings me a pretty decent amount of traffic, and is REALLY WELL WRITTEN. But it is usually below in the score than some of the hubs that are not craps and not even in the 25 pages of google and other search engines such as Yahoo and Bing!"

That's how it works! roll

Thanks Hunbbel Meer. I'll settle for the lack of gravity theory!

5. maxravi profile image1
    maxraviposted 6 years ago

I think one reason might be , we owner opens that hub again and again keep on writing, that may increases the score..not sure though.

But it happens overnight while I am sleeping!

working