Snowing...in LONDON!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Black Lilly profile image59
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Unbelievable, but I really see snow falling...

The last time it snowed here was end of January this year. Then all this huge city was forced to a standstill - very little or no transport, barely live public services and lots of injuries.
    Just because it was the first time in about 25 years London saw snow in substantial amounts.

And now...Merry White (?) Christmas?

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How wonderful and lucky you! smile

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How is that possible with global warming and all??

Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Poppa, you should've seen what was happening here when London got about 3-4 inches of snow overnight... for 2 or 3 nights in a row...
        And taking into account the weather this summer here, I'd say we have a global cooling, not warming.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Poppa, years ago it was common to have snow in England at this time of year.  Global warming has been going on for a century, so the younger generations have gotten used to not seeing it.

Weather will always fluctuate, although the trend is generally for the climate to get warmer.  So we still get cold snaps. And people think there must be something odd about the weather, because we're not used to them any more.
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weath … tists.html

3. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So... you leave your high heel shoes against moon boots.
      hehehe

Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm faithful to my 4inch stilettos...whatever happens big_smile

1. profile image0
          zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lilly. Be wise.

http://www.exoinfo.net/chat/boots.JPG

This is my advice.

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I have been watching it most of the day it seems like! I have to go for a drive to the other end of london soon to drop some friends off at the airport, hope the roads are still clear smile

3. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I miss London. I was there over 30 years ago and haven't been back. I hope I can visit there again one day.

The snow must be as lovely as it is treacherous! Be safe, London friends!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, apparently!

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

oh snow, happy white Xmas to all of you from London and like Daniel said, be safe!!

5. Black Lilly profile image59
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Christmas over, snow has melted...
    big_smile

6. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Something strange with the weather. Since Monday had snow here on the Costa Blanca (Spain) too.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Snow in unusual places is a sign of global warming smile

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now that beats religion forums in logic lol

8. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/z/z/2/climate-change-deniers.jpg

9. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I'm supposed to be going across the UK on Saturday from Essex to Leeds but I'm really worried that the weather will be bad and I'll get stuck in tons of traffic. Thinking bout getting the train but that could be just as bad weather-wise.

Urgh, so stressing out!

10. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

More snow is forecast across the southeast for Thursday & Friday, and it is supposed to be getting heavier.  It did settle for a while here in Hertfordshire today.

11. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Wow! Wish I could be there to see it!

12. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I don't see how you couldn't have snow there, You're above the 45th parallel aren't you?

13. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Well, it's snowing cats and dogs in Paris.
    Just drove some kilometers in second gear.
    But it is nice.

14. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Just started snowing again in Hertfordshire!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)