Favorite Hub Topics

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image86
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

Favorite Hub Topics

What are your favorite hubs to write and read? Do you guys typically like hubs similar to those you write, or do you like to check out hubs completely different from the topics you write about? Just curious!

2. profile image82
    TaloreHilltonposted 10 years ago

Hi Kathleen,

I'm a relatively new Hubber, so I am not sure of what expectations are around this community, other than to get somewhat involved, predominantly as a writer.

I think one of the expectations is to read the material of other Hubbers.

To honest, I have read very little of anyone else's material. And only because that particular writer read what I wrote and commented.

That was over three months ago when I submitted my first post. I haven't read anything on HubPages since.

I've a broad range of interests I am sure are covered somewhere in HubPages, but I never bother to look or read, largely because I go to HubPages to write. And there is enough to read on the internet just getting from one site to another.

I write what comes to mind. As I am learning to write for a real audience, I am doing a great deal of experimenting with different topics and styles. Waiting for feed back that doesn't come. This is unfortunate because this is how we learn, from feedback,

So this is what the real challenge may be for me, and may be for you, if you are struggling.

People who produce anything need feedback, even if they are just digging a ditch. Is is deep enough? Wide enough? Am I doing it fast enough?

Writers I am sure are no different.

The ones who will do well here may be part of a community within a community, following one another and providing feedback.

No matter though, the body of work does get bigger with each post and  sooner or later I will achieve my objectives. I am in no hurry.

By the way, even though I receive no comments or feedback, I have written and published a dozen or so pieces (also unpublished a few). The number of views/reads tells me a great deal as far as where other people's interests may be and whether or not they liked it or not. Good material rarely gets ignored.

I'm not sure, but I would think I might be a fairly typical Hubber when it comes to
    writing, and especially when it comes to reading other people's material.

Sorry, I tend to get long winded and something I need to fix.

Best ever...

Talore

Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great answer and welcome to HubPages!

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

They are whatever I feel interested in at that moment. I cannot pick any certain ones except for nature.

4. UpixxIndustries profile image41
    UpixxIndustriesposted 10 years ago

I too am fairly new to this community but the thing about it is that I have been noticing how more and more people are either commenting in the forum and answers sections than the individual hubs.  My focus is getting to a point to where I am writing at least one featured hub a day.  So far so good I am only a couple hubs off of my goals.

Anyways, I write on topics that I have knowledge in and also are keyword popular.  You see I have different goals than others and currently I am trying to write things which are more related to the internet marketing niche.  There are many people who are searching for ways to make money online and I am just sick and tired of seeing people getting screwed over by not getting information that they can just follow step by step in laymens terms.  The concepts behind earning income online are easy if you have a base understanding.  So I try to gear towards the marketing fundamentals online so that people can understand that you cannot seriously make a living by doing just one thing.  Time management is key so I use Hub Pages as my outsource.

I hope that this answered the questions asked.

Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the input and welcome to the community!

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 10 years ago

I'd say the majority of the hubs I read are written about topics with which I'm already interested. Yet there are some that grab my attention because it's a topic I've heard about and want to learn more. Others are about things I've never heard about, I get curious enough to read one hub, and I get hooked on the topic.

6. dailytop10 profile image87
    dailytop10posted 10 years ago

I love writing about anime, games, and sports while I usually read hubs with topics that are unfamiliar to me like other places' history, diseases, environmental issues, and politics. Anything completely new to me interests me more than something I already have a clue about.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)