jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is it possible to obtain a high hub score on a creative writing piece?

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Is it possible to obtain a high hub score on a creative writing piece?

I feel discouraged that right after I post my first creative writing piece on here, and spending A LOT of time formatting it and composing it so it looks good, only receiving a hub score of 71, my lowest hub score currently. Is it possible to get a high score on creative writing, and if so, how?

2. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Most of my poem hubs are in the 70s. They don't go much higher. There may be a couple in the low 80s because I added text on the topic, a poll, a video, etc. to keep it afloat. The best way to increase the score is to make the hub title search-friendly. Cardisa has a hub that teaches how to do this and it helped me a lot. I haven't done any creative writing pieces, only poems.

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
      Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jan, thats very helpful information. I will keep my poetry to the occasional post and ensure I format it well when I do.

3. brutishspoon profile image67
    brutishspoonposted 3 years ago

Creative writing and Poetry does not do as well on Hubpages as articles do. This is because of what people are searching for. If you have a story or poem that can connect with something that is trending it will do better. That is the same across the net.

Don't let that put you off. Use the Hub to help shape your piece. Place a poll asking what people think. Use pictures to add to the visualization. You may never get higher than the low 70's but you should never stop writing.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

working