jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you seen your hubpages earnings increase or decrease over time?

1. tylermj23 profile image82
    tylermj23posted 3 years ago

Have you seen your hubpages earnings increase or decrease over time?

2. Geekdom profile image91
    Geekdomposted 3 years ago

It fluctuates a lot.  I tend to see slow steady increase and then a sharp drop. Then it is stagnet for a few weeks. Finally it starts going back up and the cycle continues.

3. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

I've been around for a while and I've seen a slow increase. The first year for me there were definite fluctuations but overall an definite increase. It depends on your subjects and activity not only on HP but off it as well!

4. Suzanne Day profile image96
    Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago

It was up and down when I first started, but the more hubs I made, the more I seemed to get. I think when you reach about 70-100 hubs you get a massive traffic spurt. I have confirmed it with a few hubbers in the forums and also a friend on Etsy reported the same thing when she had 100 items in her shop. So if you accept the benchmark to get good traffic is 100 hubs, then you'll understand the kind of persistence needed to earn more than a hamburger a month!

PS - You also get better at promotion or SEO too, the more you publish. This also helps push it up.

5. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Slowly but surely, earnings have definitely risen over time. As stated, the more hubs you have, the more the earnings will rise. Earnings also seem to increase faster with more hubs and more traffic. There does seem to be a magic number of hubs that create a burst of traffic and earnings. The # may differ for everyone depending on topics, but I agree with Suzanne Day about approaching 70 to 100.

working