jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can someone give me an average earning per hub??

1. Philip Borrowman profile image75
    Philip Borrowmanposted 3 years ago

Can someone give me an average earning per hub??

Question. I keep reading about Hubs and earning money (i am new) but everyone keeps saying different things. I am not new to SEO. I realize the importance of keyword research and the various factors of rankings and IF people click on the ads being displayed within your hub etc etc etc. So my question is this...

Can someone give me an average earning per hub?? Assuming you know a little about SEO and you can write to an OK standard which will rank to a good level in Google/Bing (let's say around 80/90 score)

Is $1.50/$3 per hub a reasonable estimate per month?

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Everyone says different things because earnings here are highly individualized. There is no one size fits all earning per hub that can be applied to anyone on HP. If $1.50-$3.00 per hub per month is your personal goal for earnings you will get there with a lot of effort and time. For instance, one hubber may get 41,000 views in a month, another may get that many in a year and they likely will not earn the same amount. Some hubbers activate Amazon and Ebay earnings and others don't. Some market and promote themselves and use SEO and others don't. Create your own plan and goals and strive to accomplish them.
    This is not a get rich quick income source. Some write here for fun and do not make any effort to earn money. It's your goals and plans to reach them that count. Don't worry about an average because there truly is none that applies across the board. You will need to promote your hubs, perform SEO or hire someone for it and you will need to be active here. The quality of your hubs and topics must be good.
    Earnings are highly individualized and dependent on many factors such as the writer and their level of activity, their promotion of their hubs, their topic(s), the type of writing and having new content that preferably isn't easily found elsewhere or is at least presented in a way that holds the readers' interest. Avoid writing about things that aren't in demand or have been written about heavily.
    I have been here for nearly 3 years now and my earnings have consistently been going up. I see it as an additional stream of income that is residual and will continue to be cultivated and grown with effort and time. Speaking from my experience I would say that you will not earn much money out of the gate and it's best to think of HP as a stream of income, an addition to other income sources or a side gig as it will likely take years for you to hit your own highly individualized earning stride and earnings goals.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

For most users, you're looking at between $0.00 - $0.01 per hub per day. I say that because most hubs won't earn anything. You'll likely be making money from a small batch (maybe 5-10 hubs). You can increase that pool by writing more hubs, but you're looking at a 10 to 1 ratio. For every ten hubs you write, one might have earning potential. I know it sounds pessimistic, but anyone who claims to have a formula for success on here is probably lying. You either treat it like a job (9-5 of constant writing and research) or you accept it as a side hobby that earns you some spare change.

4. isharkbait profile image95
    isharkbaitposted 3 years ago

That's a really hard answer. Some of my hubs only get a hit or two a month. Clearly they aren't earning me very much. But, they are bringing in a few more people to my profile (theoretically), who will then look at my other hubs. Some of my hubs have hundreds of views each day. These are what has been making me money. Right now, I reach payout every other month. Let's say I earn $1.20 a day, I currently have 69 hubs. That means each hub is earning me .017 each day. Though, I know that nearly 10 of my hubs have very slow traffic and only get hits every few weeks. It's more realistic to look at my hubs that have traffic daily, roughly 20. That means that each one earns .06 each day. That's not too bad.

No matter how you look at it the take home message is the same: keep writing more hubs. It took me nearly six months to reach my first payout, and ever since I have been paid every other month. It isn't going to happen overnight. Just give it some time.

Hope this helps!

5. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I have a hub which I believe earns me $100 or more per month. I have other hubs which earn me $10/month, or 10c a month. Traffic=earnings, in general.

working