jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are Accolades useful?

1. goodnews11 profile image90
    goodnews11posted 3 years ago

Are Accolades useful?

Is earning more badges in hubpages useful?
    If yes, how is it useful for us?

2. Nesbyte profile image86
    Nesbyteposted 3 years ago

Not sure it affects anything (apart from your Hubber score, maybe). But I guess you could argue they're useful, since they give you something to aim for and work towards.

3. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 3 years ago

I think they are useful, because, we all love to be acknowledged and rewarded. It provides an incentive and a motivation to write more... I think it is really smart of the Hub Powers to praise various aspects of our work... They are like warm fuzzy's...

4. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image34
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years ago

For me it was highly useful, inspiring and surely a confidence booster.  When I started hubbing I was totally clueless on how to proceed. But my confidence improved eventually as and when I earned some Accolades.  I thought my work is getting noticed and my writing is worth when some Accolades came in my way.  In fact, the first such accolade was one for having got 100 viewership.  Now I have got an accolade for 100K!  So I am very much in favor of Accolades.  It will surely help the freshers to perform well on this platform.

1. goodnews11 profile image90
      goodnews11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, thats true it will help the newbies to set a target and move upon.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

For the author, their only real use is the warm fuzzies you get when you see a new one. For the reader they can give some indication of the quality of the writer you are looking into. Other than that, they have no effect on traffic or earnings.