jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Which is better, to edit an old Hub that has a low score or just write more new

1. pocono foothills profile image82
    pocono foothillsposted 3 years ago

Which is better, to edit an old Hub that has a low score or just write more new Hubs?

2. cam8510 profile image95
    cam8510posted 3 years ago

Imho, a little work on old hubs goes a long way.  It doesn't take much time to add/change a photo and put in a little updated information.  It does make a difference.

3. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Good question and one that many hubbers find difficult to answer!

I myself do edit older hubs but only those I feel are worth refreshing. I must admit there are several on the waiting list for treatment but I'm too busy writing and researching new hubs so the older ones tend to get left behind!

Older hubs with low scores are said to bring down the other better scoring hubs. I'm not too sure about this theory so I do not delete older hubs, I radically edit them.

Right now I'm trying to concentrate on writing more new hubs to boost my overall numbers and earn a little bit more! It's a tough decision to make - I wish you well whatever you decide to do.

4. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 3 years ago

I would say if your older hub was getting any traffic at all it would be best to update that one.  The search engines have already found it and will look at it again after you update.

5. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

I always edit lower scoring hubs, usually with great results.  You have already put in the time writing a hub, improve on that and the score should improve.

6. goodnews11 profile image91
    goodnews11posted 3 years ago

If you delete a hub with low hub scope, the entire efforts you have made to publish that hub is getting wasted. Instead you can add more valuable content and supporting photos, videos etc. and convert it into a great one that may help you earn for years..

7. velzipmur profile image81
    velzipmurposted 3 years ago

I agree with cam8510 we used our time to write the hub in the first place so, sprucing it up a bit can really make a difference.

8. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 3 years ago

Both -- occasional updates are a good thing for the hubs, and well-established content is good for your searches. At the same time, new material is important to keep readers engaged.