jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a problem with plagiarism on this site? Many of you are putting clauses

1. lisavanvorst profile image78
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

Is there a problem with plagiarism on this site? Many of you are putting clauses in your hubs about

your hub being your own and cannot be duplicated. One hub even asked those who comment to report such theft of using someone else's words. I haven't done this and wonder if maybe I should.

2. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Plagiarism is a problem on the whole internet, both with writing and photos. Many people innocently copy and paste things they find interesting, because they want to share, not realising it can impact on other people's rankings in Google. Some people do it on purpose, using programs called scrapers to copy and paste content onto their sites so they don't have to write or buy content.

If you write on the internet, this is one of the problems you face. Generally, a warning isn't going to do much other than stop the first class of people from copying, not the second.

1. lisavanvorst profile image78
      lisavanvorstposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you WryLit, for commenting. I could never steal someone's work. However, I suppose others could deliberately or accidentally.

3. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Plagiarism is not only on HP if any, also freely attempted online. Since the internet  every aspect of writing or of some information has been copied by many lazy individuals.

working