jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Update an old hub or delete and start from scratch?

1. Patsybell profile image88
    Patsybellposted 3 years ago

Update an old hub or delete and start from scratch?

For example, I've written about the herb, basil But there are some very good new varieties. It is not enough information to warrent a whole new hub. Especially with hub recommendations for longer Hubs. Which would get the most attention, a whole new basil post or a revamp of an oldy that still gets some hits?

2. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 3 years ago

Google likes fresh stuff. I refresh a Hub until it is about 2-years old. Then, I pull it and write a new one, on the same subject with a new title.
    Don

Patsybellposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Don Bobbitt, thank you. This is very helpful. I appreciate your reply.

3. OldRoses profile image94
    OldRosesposted 3 years ago

I agree with Don.  Add the new information to your existing hub and republish it.  Your traffic should increase.

Thank you, OldRoses. I appreciate your thoughtful answer.

2. Matthew Donald profile image60
      Matthew Donaldposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How do you add more information to your hub  I'm new here and have been trying all day.  I'm sure once I figure it out I'll see it's easy

4. lisavollrath profile image98
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Revamp the old one and make it longer. When I look at my articles that are ranked #1 in search in their topics, they're all older than 2 years, and have long, strong content.

lisavollrath, I am benefiting from your expertise and experience. Thank you very much.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I'd simply add the new information to the old hub. I've updated a few of my author interviews and only added the title of their newest book. Why reinvent the wheel (as the saying goes).

6. Jackie Lynnley profile image88
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

Yes; I would take Don's advice. Anyone who has read your older hub will not recognize a new look and sound I am sure and will no doubt have the benefit of new and improved! I look forward to it.  When it comes to the financial aspect of it I must admit I have no knowledge though.

7. Arachnea profile image76
    Arachneaposted 3 years ago

I've been adding new and more current information to my hubs as I release them to the wider Hub reading public. I'm finding that many of them are lacking if I use the content meter at the top of the edit page. I haven't read your basil hub, but most certainly would do so if I stumbled on it or it floated to the top of the feed while I was sitting here. So, definitely, I'd be interested in the new information as well.

8. danicole profile image79
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

Update/revamp it. Add new pictures, make it longer, perhaps include a video. I personally wouldn't delete or start from scratch (ain't nobody got' time for that!!!). if its truly bad, I would ignore it, move on, and make a vow to myself that I will not make a hub like that again.

danicole, Thank you. This is helpful. Most of my hubs are now too short with updated recommendations. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Closed to reply

working