Why doesn't Hubpages take the "Hub of the Day" more seriously?

1. Misfit Chick profile image73
    Misfit Chickposted 3 years ago

Why doesn't Hubpages take the "Hub of the Day" more seriously?

For some reason, I have been taking note of the Hub of the Day, recently - lots of 'Pinterest' type crafts & recipes get picked, and every once in awhile a good one is chosen like yesterday's 'Pros & Cons of Democracy'. Today's pick is interesting, but not written with very high quality. Why is it so hard to choose a good hub for this important slot? Honestly, I'd rather not have it - just make that slot a random hub that constantly changes throughout the day or something.

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Hey! One of my hubs was HOTD last week, and I think it's of very high quality. smile

I think the reason Pinterest-friendly hubs are chosen more often is that they have lovely photography, or at least photos that don't look like they're generic stock images. That makes them friendly to social media sharing. That's good for all of us.

3. Misfit Chick profile image73
    Misfit Chickposted 3 years ago

Like I said... Some Hubs that are chosen are good, but this isn't Pinterest. And when I read the Hub for today this morning, it was FILLED with spelling mistakes to the point that it was distracting - so I skipped down to the last sentence that also contained an easy spelling mistake. I'm sorry, but something with those kinds of spelling and/or grammatical errors should not be considered for Hub of the Day.

working