jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Duplicate Content and Personal Web Sites?

1. sallybea profile image98
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago

Duplicate Content and Personal Web Sites?

If I were to use original images which I took and which appear in my Hubs - would they be considered to be duplicate content if I were to use them in my own Website?   Do images count as duplicate content - especially when one consider that the same images are posted on Pinterest and even by Google.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11984875_f260.jpg

2. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

Seeing how we are able to use public domain pictures as well as our own or those of others who give us permission to, I would assume it not considered duplicate content. Your images are yours just like your writing is yours. So I understand why you ask. Good question.

sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So I am assuming one can write an article, use your own photos and change the script to appear different, even if the subject is the same.

3. profile image59
    DJ Andersonposted 3 years ago

Sally, this is REALLY out of my scope of knowledge.  But, I must put in my 2 cents worth.
    Bill writes a different hub every day.  He is famous for using a photo of really personal gifts from his big dog.  At least once a week, he includes the same photo.  It is a photo that he took of his dog's logs.

I would think if you took the photo, you can use it over and over as you see fit.
    DJ.

It is only relevant because I write felting tutorials and I could so easily write another tutorial, somewhere else with different wording and use the same photos!  Would it be duplicate content then?

2. profile image59
      DJ Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I see your dilemma.  An answer to this, I do not know.
      If you changed your wording, ever so slightly, it may pass under the radar
      of the hp gods. 
      Wish I could be of more help.
      Good luck, Sally.
      DJ.

3. sallybea profile image98

Thanks DJ - perhaps I have to be satisfied with posting a link to my HubPages tutorials and write fresh stuff with new photos - it is just that it can be so time consuming to do so.

4. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

The duplicate content checkers do not screen for photos. I have photos used in my HubPages articles posted elsewhere, and they haven't been flagged as duplicate content.

Thanks lisavollrath - I am glad to hear it because it is something I have been concerned about.  I appreciate your comment and reply, thank you.

5. agusfanani profile image80
    agusfananiposted 3 years ago

Hi, Sally. I also use my own pictures in different blogs, including for HupPages. They are my own pictures, their rights are mine, so I can use whenever and wherever I like.

agusfanani - thank you very much.  I appreciate your taking the time to comment..

6. Chuck profile image89
    Chuckposted 3 years ago

When I began writing for HubPages I learned that pictures are a good addition to my Hubs and have made it a point to take a lot of pictures and build up a large library of my own work. 

I have not only used the same picture on both HubPages and my blog or other sites I write for but, where applicable I will use the same picture on more than one of my Hubs when the picture is a good fit on each of the Hubs.  Further, my wife posts many of the pictures I have previously published on HubPages and elsewhere on her Facebook and her account on the Russian classmates site odnoklassniki.  I have also sometimes  given permission to occasional requests by individuals or groups to use one of my pictures published on a Hub on their work provided they credit me as the owner of the photo.

So far I have never had a problem with publishing photos more than once.

Chuck - that is really helpful, thank you so much for that.

working