jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How much money you made in Your 1st Year?

1. mastergreen profile image80
    mastergreenposted 3 years ago

How much money you made in Your 1st Year?

Hi,
    I have been here for over a year and I really haven't made any money at all. Still haven't even got the first payout yet. But I don't mind because I like scribbling anyway. So how much money did you make in your 1st year here? Have you or do you know anyone who got their payment within their first year here? Any insight is helpful. Thanks.

2. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

I vaguely remember it took about 1.5 years for me to get my first $100 from Google, as HP's share. (I had a couple of other sites from where I ws getting some more dollars from Google Adsense).

I switched over to HP Ads program in 2011 and I got my first $50 from HP in about 6 months.

mastergreenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the information and for commenting.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I didn't make a payout till I'd been here for nearly three years, and that was only because I finally wised up and signed up for the HP Ads Program. I gave up waiting for a payout from Google AdSense ages ago, at the rate I'm going I'll be an old man before I reach their $100 plateau so I don't even worry about it anymore

Three years? Wow. Well that was sobering. Thanks for the information and commenting.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well, it didn't help that for the first year and a half or so, I honestly didn't really "get" how this whole thing worked, so I was just throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it would stick

3. mastergreen profile image80

i understand. thank you. good luck.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

None. -- first payout of $100 came in about  a year and a half. There was a different pattern in place.  I didn't start out expecting high earnings ... there were other reasons to stay. I still enjoy the experience, and earnings inch up, the longer you stay.

I understand. Thank you for commenting.

working