jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

If you had the money to spend, would you pay $16,000 for a pocketbook?

1. mvillecat profile image77
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

If you had the money to spend, would you pay $16,000 for a pocketbook?

2. ksmusselman profile image60
    ksmusselmanposted 5 years ago

Can I say Hell No!  ROFL  I mean, I guess if I already had everything in the world that I needed and I really, really wanted that particular pocketbook, I might consider it.  But I can think of a lot more things to add to my wardrobe or accessories with $16K than blowing it one item.  If I was super wealthy with that kind of money to just toss around on one accessory item, I "might" spend it on a pair of shoes though. :-)

mvillecatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That kind of money would buy a lot of other items from a regular department store! Thanks for commenting.

3. WritingPrompts profile image74
    WritingPromptsposted 5 years ago

I'd have to have an awful lot of money first.  A pocketbook of any price would be pretty low on the list of things to buy with my lottery winnings.

I fully agree. Thanks for commenting.

4. tipstoretireearly profile image84
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

Wow ... that's an easy question.  No!  No matter how much money I had, there would always be more important things to spend it on.  There will always be people who are hungry, or who have no access to clean water, or who are homeless.

I totally agree. I just don't think I could purchase something like that knowing it could really help others improve their lives. Thanks for commenting.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Nope. I'm cheap. Even when rich, I'm cheap. I would have anxiety about losing the money, unfortunately.

I totally understand. Thanks for commenting.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I wouldn't. At some point when a price is so over inflated and you know the materials for that item could not have cost any where near that - I just couldn't.  Good handbags (purses) are one of my favorite items to own and I have paid $300 or so for one but that was when I was working and saved up my money to get something special.  That to me is more than enough of a treat.

Very good point. Thanks for commenting.

7. aw1219 profile image61
    aw1219posted 5 years ago

Absolutely not!  I couldn't see myself doing this.

8. Patsybell profile image89
    Patsybellposted 5 years ago

I have no idea what I would do if I had that kind of money. My day dream is that I would finally have the opportunity to be a Philanthropist.

Thanks for commenting. I hope that I would choose to use my money to better other's lives, too.

9. Cardia profile image96
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not! Even if I was rolling in it, I don't think I would shell out so much money on a handbag.
    My current handbag was bought at a department store two years ago, and it serves me very well. Admittedly I've abused it (dropped it on the ground, left it all over the place, my cat likes to sleep on it sometimes). I think that if I spent so much money on a pocketbook, I'd be terrified to use it. I'd be scared that it might get damaged or stained or something from just using it.

However, I wish I was in the position to have so much money wink

That would be a nice position to be in, Cardia. Thanks for commenting.

10. kittyjj profile image69
    kittyjjposted 5 years ago

One more "No" to the your question from me.  I don't think I would waste money like that even I am rich.  It would only encourage the pocketbook makers to be more greedy down the road.  Besides there are a lot of other ways to spend money in a more "healthy" way.

I fully agree, kittyjj. Thanks for commenting.

working