jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What can be done about Hubpages moving featured hubs to "not featured".

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

What can be done about Hubpages moving featured hubs to "not featured".

Has HubPages changed its policy? I find that my featured hubs are being switched to "not featured". What best is possible and should be done about it.

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Hello Sundeep......I appreciate your concern and I think many of our fellow writers have this same question. .  I imagine you will receive a number of sound responses, many different in nature.
    If I have understood this dilemma correctly, it is less the actions of hp and more dependent upon the decisions of Google.  We have been bombarded with explanations and suggestions, so it's difficult, for me at least, to really understand this disappointing  issue that seems to be occurring more often.
    It sometimes helps to check our statistics page to see what symbols are accompanying the hubs that have been effected.  In my own experience this happens to me rarely but in each case, I have been able to go in to edit and make appropriate   changes and/or additions that luckily solved this immediately..
    Be confident that you will be able to find the answers and the corresponding advice to correct this concern.  Good luck my friend and have a wonderful day.  Peace. Paula

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

They let the writer click what's featured or not. You have to click edit Profile, then select "Show only Featured Hubs on my profile" yes or no. Then save.

4. denise.w.anderson profile image92
    denise.w.andersonposted 3 years ago

I have found that there are two things that make a Hub "not featured" after it has been previously, and that is comments and page views. If there are no comments on the hub, it tends to move more quickly to become non-featured, in spite of high quality content. If the hub isn't viewed very often after a few months of being featured, it may go to non-featured status as well. As far as what can be done, we can go back into the hub and edit it, that will bring it back to featured status. We can also link the page to other pages that may be receiving more traffic that are about a similar subject. That may get it more page views.

5. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

If it is not featured due to lack of traffic, I've noticed if the hub isn't getting much traffic to update it before that happens.  To get the hub featured again, just do an edit.

If it is not featured due to quality, that is another issue. Then you need to get some of those Amazons ads off, check for spelling and grammar issues and be sure you set the hub up nicely. Blurry photos can cause the problem too

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

hmm, I used to have 12 unfeatured hubs until I edit them and update. All are featured now except for one. Don't igore them because after editing, my earning increased

7. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

I have four of not featured hubs today when I logged in. Instead of deleting them which I was tempted to do, I updated them by editing each of them and add some more text that is relevant to the title of the hubs and press done editing. You will find that the traffic will either increase or decrease, it depends on the views you get. But now and again if you find unfeatured hubs just update them then you will find that it will be featured again.

8. chefmancave profile image86
    chefmancaveposted 3 years ago

In looking at your selection of articles, I thought to myself "How can you go wrong?". I did not have time to read them but perhaps your articles do not contain a lot of the suggested elements. (Multiple photos, a poll, related links, etc.) I wish I had time to read 5 or 6 of your articles but alas I am busy researching command line utilities that work in highly secure enterprises. I know it sounds boring but that is my job. Last October, I spent some time editing a few of my articles as well as removing some poor performing articles. I do this purging about once a year.

working