jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

A general rule of thumb for following hubbers?

1. Kristen Howe profile image89
    Kristen Howeposted 3 years ago

A general rule of thumb for following hubbers?

I've been wondering, if there is a general rule of thumb for following hubbers, like follow those you follow you back and comment on your work? What about for those who aren't active on Hub Pages , say for over a month and longer? That seems to be the case for most of my hubbers I've following. I didn't see anything on the FAQ about it, other don't follow a big block of followers that you can't catch up with. Any ideas?

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

I just follow people I think are interesting.  I don't necessarily follow someone because they are following me. Once followed, it really doesn't matter to me how active they are.  You never know what is going on in someone's life.

3. Beaddoodler profile image75
    Beaddoodlerposted 3 years ago

If I see a hub that interests me, I go to the author's profile and check out the rest of their hubs.  If interesting, I follow.  When a new person follows me, I look them up and see if their hubs interest me before following.  To sum it up.  I only follow hubbers who write on topics that interest me.

1. FitnezzJim profile image82
      FitnezzJimposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I do the same thing as Jennie here.  What I have find more difficult is when to choose to unfollow.  I once had to unfollow because a hubber reshared his old articles too often.  This clogged the feed and I could not see new material from others.

2. Venkatachari M profile image45
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Can a person share his articles here? I don't think so. Sharing one's own articles are not allowed here even for one single time.

4. Venkatachari M profile image45
    Venkatachari Mposted 3 years ago

I think it is a kind of courtesy to follow those who are following you. You can thereby give support to them and inspire them, if they happen to be recently joined members or less active members. You need not follow each and every activity of them, but may support and inspire them.
    As a general rule, we follow mostly those who are inspiring and good writers. But think of yourself. If you are following too many, you will be expecting a good share of them to back follow you. Won't you get discouraged if most of them do not follow you. So you need to keep your own parameters.