jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Do you remember your first five hubs and are they still featured?

1. bonda profile image28
    bondaposted 2 years ago

Do you remember your first five hubs and are they still featured?

Three of my first five were unfeatured recently due to lack of traffic, but I fixed them and they are back on the block.  I was new on HP a year ago, and did not know anything about capsules, photos, videos or columns.  I was wondering if writers re-visit their entry hubs and update them.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12306320_f260.jpg

2. Besarien profile image86
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

Well, I only have five. They are all still featured. So yes. And Yes. I hope they are still feature when I have as many hubs as you.

1. bonda profile image28
      bondaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Besarien. Good start if they are all featured.  I always add new information to the old hubs because i don't want to lose them.  I spend time on my hubs so it is a waste if Hubpages de-features them because of poor traffic.

3. somethgblue profile image85
    somethgblueposted 2 years ago

My first Hub won Hub of the Day and then it was all downhill or uphill depending on your perspective, from there. Since I write about subjects most writers wouldn't touch if you paid them and Google doesn't consider me an expert on anything, except maybe creating controversy, then I really don't get a lot a of PVs.

My most read article is currently sitting at 26,000, so they don't get a lot of attention. However 95% of mine are evergreen so they don't require a lot of updating.

Of my 225 Hubs 40 are un-featured and periodically I go back and work on them but prefer to write new ones.

1. bonda profile image28

That is my dilemma.  My initial reaction was to forget about the un-featured ones and forge ahead with new content, but i don't like that sign staring me in the face, so i give them a fresh coat of paint.  I do feel good when they are featured.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I've been here for over 6 years. so I had to look up my first 5-- yes, they are still featured.
    Yes, i do update-- in fact, I just updated one of those first five yesterday.

1. bonda profile image28

Oops!  Two from the first ten hubs i published when i joined HP were un-featured today.  I'm working on them as we speak.

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

where are my first five hubs? Are those in the spotlights? Yes, they are still featured but I need to update them once a while to make sure traffic is coming in

6. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Yes, I do because with only 78 hubs, they are all still on my subdomain in the order they were published. So it's the last five on the list and all are still featured. I didn't know a thing either, bonda, when I joined 2+ years ago. I constantly go back to update old hubs, as well as the newer hubs.

1. bonda profile image28

The first five hubs are very special to me janshares because they gave me confidence.  Hey, so i can do this, i mean write something and hubpages feels it is good enough to be featured?

7. lady rain profile image95
    lady rainposted 2 years ago

Yes, my first five hubs are still featured. Three of them have not been updated for over a year, I should check on them soon...

8. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

All my hubs including my first five hubs are still featured since I started in Hubpages. I had two or three hubs which I had to update but they are featured until now. Well, I have only 38 hubs and I have been with Hubpages for two years. I really write only about articles that I am knowledgeable of like my Basic Kuwaiti Arabic language or gardening articles because gardening is my favourite hobby.

1. bonda profile image28

Thanks linda.  Gardners in canada have a hard time in winter because the whole garden is trapped in snow.

working