jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

When is Hubpages going to take control of the Q and A section?

1. peeples profile image90
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

When is Hubpages going to take control of the Q and A section?

How many times do we have to ask for them to stop the spam before they step up and stop people who created an account 10 minutes from posting?

2. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

I think HP only comes in on the forum posts. Questions are supposed to be thoughts that pop in your head and have nothing to do with HP protocol or anything related to writing.

I've had people follow me (some even leave fan mail with their private email address) who are obviously spammers or looking to hook up. I report them and you should too.

peeplesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hp is suppose to moderate the QandA which they did finally. There were 20 questions that were spam, and this keeps happening. I thought they were suppose to moderate more regularly.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Preach it peeples!!

...and why in the world do they all seem to post their spam under the "How to write short stories" heading? Why do they like that one so much, anyway??

peeplesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know I saw that!  It is beyond annoying to look for a question and have to scroll through 20 spam Q's to get to real ones.

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Just hit REPORT immediately....we have to keep chasing them back to the nut house they came from.  We should get paid for that!!  LOL

5. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12366994_f260.jpg

Yes, I know.  I see spam all the time. Just hit the report button.  That's all needs to be done. It gets to be aggravating after a while. Spam seem to occur during the witching hour..........Really, how coincidental is that!  Very eerily so........

working