jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it only me or has this happened to you also?

1. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

Is it only me or has this happened to you also?

I'm all for communication but I recently received an email from a hubber and it's straightup spam! Wants me to contact him for a very important business opportunity for both of us. Yeah right,guess it's time to adjust my settings or leave HP.

2. ronhi profile image74
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

What! I hate spammers! But you don't have to leave HP...you ca disable the option of receiving mails although that has its disadvantage as well. Besides, most of the hubbers are really nice people and you shouldn't throw away the baby with the birth water

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

When I get emails like that I send them back to HubPages as spam or abuse, there is a link on each email sent through Hubpages to do that.

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

If it is from a Hubber I would contact them personally with a definite "NO". If it continues I would report them.

5. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Spam happens to everyone everywhere on the internet.  Its no reason to leave hp.  Just don't reply to it and report it is abuse.

6. tosha11 profile image76
    tosha11posted 6 years ago

No, I belive not but than agian when I recive e-mails I generally just delete them and then look at my actual Hub pages to see what all is going on. So, I guess I can't actually know for sure.

7. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I haven't received one like this yet. I would send it on to the Hub Pages team - what a sneaky and cheeky thing to do!! I wouldn't leave Hub Pages because of it though, I'm sure there are ways that you can prevent this from happening again.

8. daisyf1305 profile image73
    daisyf1305posted 6 years ago

OMG I so don't like that, thank God I haven't gotten it here too. I usually get it in my blogger, which has become really great in deleting the spammers so now I don't even see them. I would contact support....

9. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 6 years ago

I have recieved quite a few like this i just delete them, you could also report them to hp smile

10. daisydayz profile image88
    daisydayzposted 5 years ago

I get some through my blog almost every day, luckily my blog has a great spam filter so they rarely make it onto the blog page, as they bounce straight to my spam folder. I usually ignore them and just delete it.