jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Are the statistics of HP correct?

1. Buildreps profile image89
    Buildrepsposted 2 years ago

Are the statistics of HP correct?

When I just checked the statistics page of HP, I saw that there were only a ridiculous 6 views! I cannot remember to have such a low number. I checked the stats in Google Analytics, that told me otherwise. According to Analytics the stats of Sunday were 140 views.

That's not just a little deviation - it's another universe! What wrong here?

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years ago

Same here! Mine is showing 26 views and a shower of blue arrows, which is unbelievable!
    Something is not correct! Hope it is fixed soon.

Buildrepsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

A shower of blue is a good description! Thanks.

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

Statistics on HP have been poor these past few months, inaccurate to say the least! It's not good because some people rely on these stats to know how well their work is doing. Analytics is always a backup but surely the staff at HP should work a bit harder to correct these faults?

I think newcomers to HP will be annoyed if they can't get accurate information from the site they write for. Some may get so fed up they leave? I hope not because HP needs more writers of quality.

Experienced hubbers like myself know that this is only a glitch - so I'm not too worried but I can understand how some writers really get frustrated about these HP stats that are false.

Thanks for your answer, Andrew. The stats of HP were mostly quite correct, but it has never been this bad. This is more than just a glitch.  The stats even dropped further to just 3 views, while  data from 5 hours ago and earlier are included.

4. Jasmeetk profile image82
    Jasmeetkposted 2 years ago

I am also suffering from the same issue.. My stats shows less than 10% of normal traffic to my hubs.... sad

It seems like the reality is much better. That might make you feel better smile

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

After looking at them this morning, I certainly hope not!!

I hope so too! Do you have Analytics, Keith?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No, but I'm seriously considering signing up for them after the past few weeks of constant statistical crash-and-burn, hurry-up-and-wait for updates, etc.

6. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

Take these two lines of data.  The columns read left to right

hub-score-  Comments - Day 1 -  7days - 30 days - Total

63    33    0    1    3    238   
    70    12    0    1    12    216

I know it was not as it says because some friends call me at times to tell me that they had read my article.  I also get the figures from GA.
    But even without all that, it does seem suss that an article that was doing so poorly the first 30 days then went on to gather so many views.

I cannot fathom where they get the data from at times!

But what can I say to the mighty Hub Pages?

That's because there's a gap between 30 days and 'ever' views. You cannot add up the columns 1-7-30 days and then have the amount of 'ever' when you created a Hub let's say 2 years ago.

2. MarieLB profile image83
      MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You're right Buildreps, but I have not even been that long here.  I did mention GA which gives me the views, and I always take the NON-bounce figures to ensure accuracy.

7. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

If you check out today, it is back to normal. You can counter check with google analystics.

According to GA, I had 2,029 visitors the last 30 days. According to HP, I had 1,470 visitors the last 30 days. One of the two is right. When I would have to bet my money on one of the two, I would bet on Google. I love HP, but I must be rational!

working