jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you know whether a hubber is active or not?

1. thumbi7 profile image63
    thumbi7posted 2 years ago

How do you know whether a hubber is active or not?

Should we look at the last post or the last activity?
    I came after a gap of few months. Was looking for people whom I can follow. Looks like many are idle for months or weeks together

2. Amanda108 profile image93
    Amanda108posted 2 years ago

If I'm looking for people to follow I tend to pay attention to when they last posted a hub - as well as their frequency of posting hubs in the past (for example, did this person write a bunch in a short time period and then disappear, possibly for good? Or do they generally only publish every few months, meaning I'm likely to see them again? Not a foolproof method, obviously, but it's a place to start).

Just to get an idea of how much they frequent the site: on a Hubber's profile, right under their name it should say "Last activity *insert time here*"

Then (also on profile, though I gather from what you said that you know where everything is) I like to click on the actual "My Activity" button. It shows forum posts, questions, answers, comments, etc. It's a great indication of how involved in the community aspect the person is or isn't.

3. Venkatachari M profile image56
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

You can see the last activity on the profile page under your name. So, when you visit a hubber's profile, you will be knowing whether he is active or not presently. And, you can click on his activity at the right side of his profile page under My content to check how often he is active.
    Not posting articles does not mean one is inactive. I, myself post only one or two articles in a month. But, I visit the site daily, read articles and comment on them or view questions and give replies frequently.

4. integrater profile image60
    integraterposted 2 years ago

The question is why do you want to follow them ? If you want to follow hubbers because you want to read their interesting hubs then  you have to take into account their hub posting frequency . If you are looking for reciprocal following then " Last Activity " should be your primary concern .

working