jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I have several hubs that aren't generating any views. Would it hurt me overall t

1. madscientist12 profile image95
    madscientist12posted 2 years ago

I have several hubs that aren't generating any views. Would it hurt me overall to take them down?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

No, you can take them down and place them elsewhere, or what I would do is revamp them.  Make sure they have the most current info, perhaps some Pinterest friendly graphics to make them shareable things like that.  Use subtitles that use terms searchers would actually be looking for - for example your hub about causes of a red spot on the eye - your subtitles are all about Subconjunctival Hemorrhage  - lay people aren't looking for that when they want to know why they have a strange red spot on their eye.  Think of what people are actually searching and use those phrases or questions in your writing as well.  smile I'm all for revamp instead of deletes

3. RonElFran profile image99
    RonElFranposted 2 years ago

My approach is to never unpublish a hub until it becomes unfeatured and there's nothing I can do to refresh or upgrade it. At this point I have one that has fallen into that category because it's topical, and that topic is now long out of the news; so, I don't think there's anything I can do to bring it back to life. On the other hand, I've had too many instances of seemingly dormant hubs suddenly come to life, and others that just keep chugging along bringing in a steady few views every month, to be precipitate about taking apparently non-performing hubs down. As Scarlett would say, tomorrow is another day!

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years ago

Revamping the hubs which somehow have  reduced page views does help. I sometimes change the title, add pictures or video, add more information and then the views increase. It is also important to keep sharing your hubs on social media sites. Sometimes readers share them further.
    All the best!.

5. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Hubbers choose to unpublish their work for any number of reasons.  What might seem to be a good reason to someone may not be to another.  Number of views changes from time to time.  It's expected once in a while. 
    Personally, I do not unpublish for this particular reason.  At least not until I have attempted to breathe some life into it first to see what happens.

You can edit, spruce it up, add and/or delete paragraphs, polls, videos, etc. and then share it on social media sites or however you pimp your hubs. 

I don't know if it "hurts" a writer to take hubs down but I don't think it hurts to leave them up.  It's not as though we're limited in terms of how many hubs we have published.

Hopefully you'll attract more accurate responses to this question from hubbers who have unpublished several times and noticed the repercussions if any. 

I wish you luck.

Closed to reply