jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why would links be marked as broken if they aren't?

1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Why would links be marked as broken if they aren't?

In my hub about George Watsky, 2 links near the bottom are marked through with the black line and considered broken links. When I click on them though they work just fine. Why would they be marked through if they aren't actually broke?

2. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

I have no idea. I just tried them too and they work after you click on the link HP provides in their message that the link may be broken or no longer available.

3. MFPrincess profile image86
    MFPrincessposted 2 years ago

I was wondering the same thing; one hub I wrote months ago about shoes has been showing up as having a broken link. I have check it many times and it works. Guess it's something on the WWW messing it up for everyone and throwing off hubpages.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image75
    Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago

In some cases websites block the process we use to check if a page exists and this can result in false positives.
    This means when we check the page the web server returns a code that says the page isn't there, but if you go to it directly the URL works.

You can double check the specific URL using a site like this one.

You can also re-test the links here.

We are considering adding a feature in the future that allows an author to mark such a link as fine (ignore it), but the current state is some may show as broken due to the information presented by the website.