jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How can I get more comments on my hubs?

1. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 2 years ago

How can I get more comments on my hubs?

Many users I've seen on HubPages have comments on every single one of their hubs, even if they've only written a few. Most of my hubs have no comments on them at all, and the most comments I have on one article is 13 comments, some of which are my own. Is there a way to get more comments, or are these people just lucky?

2. Dressage Husband profile image76
    Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago

Write in a way that provokes comments and ask for them. Clearly indicate the comment section. Try changing the title to Is there anything else you would like to know about xxxxxx? and try placing it directly after a quiz on your topic.

Try being a little controversial in your opinions so that people are provoked into expressing the opposite point of view etc. There is a definite skill in getting comments, but a little practice will soon get you some.

Try reading the forums to see how easily some people can provoke comments and to get some ideas how you could too.

1. poppyr profile image98
      poppyrposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I often use polls near the ends of hubs and make one of the options "I'll share my experiences or thoughts in the comments below"... It works well for getting people to interact. 

Also, you can do your finishing paragraph or even your opener with a question.  For example I might open with a question as a hook - "Have you ever wondered why....."  Go through the main content that answers the questions and solves the problem then at the end ask "So what do you think? Do you think (solution or answer) would work for you? or what else would you suggest? Feel free to leave a comment. I love to hear your thoughts .... something along these lines.

You have to invite people to participate and do so in a way that makes them want to - "call to action" - tell them to do something and they usually will.  It's a marketing tactic. smile

1. nisargmehta profile image83
      nisargmehtaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. [:Smiles]

working